Photo / Video Gallery

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I can't figure out how to upload an entire gallery of pictures. Is this doable, without having to do 5 at a time? I tried the bulk options at the bottom, and it tells me that it is successful, but then I don't see any of my images. :confused:

wesintl

RS Moderator
you can upload a zip file. Although I haven't tried it. I've noticed trying to upload 5 very large pics that it will time out. I'm assuming part of the forum timouts. I'm at your place today so when I can find a block of time to update the forum I'll will asap.

Beater

Hard Core 4+
Hulk said:
I can't figure out how to upload an entire gallery of pictures. Is this doable, without having to do 5 at a time? I tried the bulk options at the bottom, and it tells me that it is successful, but then I don't see any of my images. :confused:

that's what it is doing to me on the slide shows. uploads successful, then nothing there.

wesintl

RS Moderator
John, what kind of extension? I'm guessing you don't get a timeout error?

Matt, The bulk option is for admins only and it doesn't upload them. Basically you can upload you photos ftp (or whatever) and then you point to them for processing.

Feel free to look at photoposts site for info.. http://www.photopost.com/

The gallery and how it works is all new to me as well.

Screen shots and more info is always welcome.

Beater

Hard Core 4+
jpg and wmv

wesintl

RS Moderator
Are you all that are having timout errors recieving this? I'll be able to override the 90 sec timeout to 300 sec. Which should help aleviate this issue and allow larger uploads.

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 90 seconds exceeded in c:\websites\risingsun4x4club369\risingsun4x4club.org\photopost\uploadphoto.php on line 15

Beater

Hard Core 4+
that's the error.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Wes, there is no category for Chicken Corner Trail. Can I create one (and if so how, it doesn't seem obvious), or must you creat it from admin?

wesintl

RS Moderator
yes an admin needs to create the catergory unless you upload it to you personal file.

wesintl

RS Moderator
Jeff, I created Chicken corners back before I did that last post :D

wesintl

RS Moderator
Guy's, Gal's let's keep file uploads below 8k for now. Even though I over rode the timout setting there are other global php settings that I need to see if we can override to hit the max that our photopost software is limited to. Right now even though I configured photopost for it's limit on uploads/timouts/etc. were hitting the server global php limits which are much lower that what photopost is configured to. This has been the main issue. I'll keep you all up to date on any changes. Thanks