• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Paint booth rental?

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
yes. I rented space at a shop at 2140 s. Bryant St. in denver. Guy's name is Ignacio 720-261-6897

white wings

Hard Core 4+
Thanks Tim...still open to anyone other advice out there possibly a little closer to Broomfield?

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
yes. I rented space at a shop at 2140 s. Bryant St. in denver. Guy's name is Ignacio 720-261-6897
Will it fit the Limo?

AlpineAccess

Hard Core 4+
@Inukshuk you just need like 3 guys spraying per side(and 2 for the roof suspended like mission impossible and then have a guy drive through the booth real slow like a carwash.

@white wings this guy also rents a booth

It might almost fit the limo too!

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
Interesting......What's usually included (spray guns, masks, etc....) and price?

AlpineAccess

Hard Core 4+
Interesting......What's usually included (spray guns, masks, etc....) and price?
Looks like they just supply filtered air and and air hose to hook the "renters" stuff up to in this case. Something to consider is dry time, etc.

I went to a friend's work over a weekend and used their inflatable booth. Started on a Friday and didn't time things perfectly and my project was still there on a Monday. I paid for use of the space during those working hours; but I'd imagine these $200 a day places make good money on overstaying quite often.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Yeah in my case I showed up first thing in the morning, rented it for the full day. Sprayed stuff twice in that time... then I had to get there even earlier the following day to get all my stuff out as someone else booked it the next day. But they let me leave everything there overnight to dry.

When I unpacked it at home I had a bunch of marks on stuff from the moving blankets... I guess it wasn't dry enough. But it's pretty hard to see given the amount of drips, fish eyes, and orange peel. Yeah I really did a poor job painting that trailer. This is how big it is, when I was staging everything to paint...

IMG_1003.jpg

and what it all looked like dripping wet...

IMG_1009.jpg

IMG_1010.jpg

And then when I got home the first thing I saw on the garage floor was the fuel door.... :brick:

Which is why it's still yellow. And now you know the rest of the story...

F626E4FB-BB00-4044-8DDA-22F2EED17540.JPG

Last edited:

Los95

Brand New
@Inukshuk you just need like 3 guys spraying per side(and 2 for the roof suspended like mission impossible and then have a guy drive through the booth real slow like a carwash.

@white wings this guy also rents a booth

It might almost fit the limo too!
Do you happen to have a number for the paint booth , I can’t find anything or get a hold of someone ?

white wings

Hard Core 4+
I ended up buying a blow up booth which is big enough for a truck. This was more just to keep the sun/rain off me for a plasti-dip project I wanted to try.

Thanks guys!

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I ended up buying a blow up booth which is big enough for a truck. This was more just to keep the sun/rain off me for a plasti-dip project I wanted to try.

Thanks guys!
wow your neighbors must really love you now!

uber_franz

Brand New
Ah... Understood... Will keep searching. Seems like I saw somebody had one they would rent, but they are down in Parker and I'm N of Longmont...