Overnight Run Questions

E

Exo4

Hi,

Can somebody refresh my memory what the trails are for the Wednesday overnight trail run are?

Is there a recommended camping equipment list? There will be two of us, and right now we plan to use two one-man tents and sleeping bags. What else camping wise is recommended? What is the toilet waste removal situation?

If I remember right dinner and breakfast are being provided so we should only have to bring trail snacks and :beer: ? Well and water.

Thanks,
Greg

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
I e-mailed one ot the WC guys today about what to bring and where to meet. I'll let you know what i find out. I didn't think about the poop.

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
Pretty sure you guys are camping at the same place we did on the pre-run. There are vault toilets (2) but no running water. The town of blanding is about 15 minutes away if supplies are needed.

Also you guys are running Hotel Rock & Arch Canyon. 2 Groups of 10 trucks each day. At least that is the plan at this point.

HTH

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
tech inspection for the overnight run is on Tuesday afternoon at Slickrock campground (3:00ish?), then you can leave to drive down south. Or, stay in Moab then leave super early Wednesday AM.. remember it's like 80 miles south of Moab, so most will get down there the evening before.

Vitesse_6

Wasatch Cruisers
snacks and :beer: ? Well and water.

Thanks,
Greg

FYI, Blanding is a dry town, However there is a small gas station at the turn off that has some of what you need.
I say bring your normal camping equip. ie. Tent,bag,clothes,Jacket,Food,water,snacks,good shoes/boots
There was alot of wood last month still could be but you might need to walk about 50-100 feet to find it.

434196825_9074f8e088_b.jpg

Have fun, I was going to see if there was more camp help needed, So I may see some of you there, If not there is always Moab :thumb:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
Got this e-mail today, I'm still a little concerned about my "safety inspection" I'm dropping off wife and kids at DIA at 1:00 on the 1st . Figure I'm in Moab about 8pm. Still doing safety inspection at that time? Then down to find the overnight group by about 11pm? Am cool or should I be concerned about someone making sure my parking brake works? 1554 is the grease that fixes the squeeky wheel correct?

"Farnham

I'm Troy DeMill, I'm one of the trail leaders for this run. We are indeed meeting away from Moab. Here are the directions to the camp

The trailhead/camp is approximately 15 miles south of Blanding. Directions: Head south from Moab on 191 to Blanding (83 miles). Head south out of Blanding, and at approximately 5 miles, turn right (west) onto 95, towards Lake Powell. Go about 10 miles. After cutting through Comb Ridge, road will drop into Comb Wash. At the bottom of the canyon, there will be a dirt road on the left to camp (primitive). There is room for camp trailers, etc. Coordinants are:
N 37 30' 41.381"
W 109 39' 19.004"

or

618,865.70M E
4,152, 234.22M N
(approximately)

When I drove to this area it was dark as it sounds like it will be for you too. When you come through Comb Ridge,( it is an area where they cut a lot of rock to get the road through) the road bends to the right and drops down off the ridge. You'll see the lights of camp at the bottom of the valley. Watch for the road to the left and come on back. Plenty of areas to camp here.

You won't need extra gas if you gas up in blanding. the trails are not too long and camp isn't too far from Blanding. You will get some pin striping! If your not lifted you'll also drag bumpers. I'm lifted in my lexus and I still managed to drag my rear bumper pretty good. Arch Canyon is easier, more sand type driving. Hotel Rock is more rock crawling with ledges etc..

Let me know if you have any other questions. Sorry I didn't get back earlier, I was out yesterday.

Troy"