• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

For Sale Overlanding rig

IoN6

Rising Sun Member
One of these days, hopefully, the angry face fad will go the grave. :sick:

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
This looks to be Never Quit Overland's build.

One of these days, hopefully, the angry face fad will go the grave. :sick:
I don't think they're going for the angry look on purpose. I just think it's following the lines of the NPR front end. If you look at all the Aussie cab-over bumpers they tend to look like the face mask of an NFL helmet.

00b0b_d9QdJxbChhmz_07K08H_1200x900.jpg

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
I would love to build one of those one day.

Too bad we don't get the 4x4 Fuso trucks in the US.

simps80

Rising Sun Member
Years ago the Denver branch of Mack trucks was the Mitsubishi fuso dealer (probably still are)
We had fuso FG 4x4 trucks on the lot sold a bunch...

Would be surprised if they aren’t available

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Years ago the Denver branch of Mack trucks was the Mitsubishi fuso dealer (probably still are)
We had fuso FG 4x4 trucks on the lot sold a bunch...

Would be surprised if they aren’t available
Finding a 4x4 Canter I guess has always been tough but Mitsubishi is going the other way to make it tougher by just leaving North America completely.

https://www.fleetowner.com/equipmen...-phasing-out-new-truck-sales-in-us-and-canada

I'm not sure if Isuzu has ever sold the NPS (factory 4wd) here. The one in this thread was a custom swap.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Well over $ 450,000 spent in the building of this rig not counting countless man hours and trips to the Iowa factory.
READY TO PUT IN SERVICE AND READY TO TRAVEL THE ALASKA HWY, BAJA, OR SOUTH AMERICA, OR USA NATIONAL PARKS.

I can't imagine driving something this weird and conspicuous anywhere outside of the US and Canada. This vehicle literally screams, "Border crossing agents, I have money and should be fleeced as much as possible." This is pretty much the opposite of the Dan Grec philosophy.

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
$400k world expo truck burns gasoline? :unsure:

IoN6

Rising Sun Member
I don't think they're going for the angry look on purpose. I just think it's following the lines of the NPR front end. If you look at all the Aussie cab-over bumpers they tend to look like the face mask of an NFL helmet.

I'll have to digress, as I completely disagree. It is more than possible to build something effective and aesthetically appeasing without making it look angry.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I'll have to digress, as I completely disagree. It is more than possible to build something effective and aesthetically appeasing without making it look angry.
LOL. I'm with you on the trend. I really dislike how all the J**ps seem to be doing it.

All I'm saying is the problem is the Isuzu NPR got an angry Pops Racer front end in its 2006 redesign and the bumper to my eye is following the lines.

index1.jpg

index3.jpg

It would be possible to just ignore and do the football helmet roo bar instead. Then they kind of get an angry underbite like Spike the bulldog from Looney Tunes.

index2.jpg

index4.jpg

I don't think I'd care about it, though. It would be cool just to have a 4x4 Isuzu camper and I like both Looney Tunes and Speed Racer.

Last edited:

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
*$90,000 kevlar air suspension

TAKE MY MONEY

SAFES:
• Rifle Safe, Under Rear Mattress (w/ 3 locks): 80" x 10" x 4.5". Can hold: Rifles, Spear Guns, Fishing poles, etc.
• Barska Biometric safe in sofa: 10.5" x 19.5" x 13.6 I.D

STEAL MY STUFF

I believe that many people won't buy it now because its privacy is gone,

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
*$90,000 kevlar air suspension

TAKE MY MONEY

SAFES:
• Rifle Safe, Under Rear Mattress (w/ 3 locks): 80" x 10" x 4.5". Can hold: Rifles, Spear Guns, Fishing poles, etc.
• Barska Biometric safe in sofa: 10.5" x 19.5" x 13.6 I.D

STEAL MY STUFF

I believe that many people won't buy it now because its privacy is gone,

Thinking to the future with kids I've often considered the idea of a big expo truck like that. I have spent a ton of time looking at the LMTV builds that have been done.

The more I think about it having a 2nd cruiser would make so much more sense for the trails and camping we do. It also would drastically reduce the chances of getting stuck, or being stranded due to a mechanical failure if traveling solo.

Plus I could buy a nice piece of land with the savings.