Ouray/Telluride Trip - 8/8/24-8/11/24

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Yeah, it's early, but whatever...it's been entirely too long since I've been out to Ouray/Telluride/Silverton (right, @gungriffin?!), so let's get a run together, dammit! I'm thinking early to mid-August (penciling in 8/8/24-8/11/24 for now) and would love to run Black Bear, Imogene, and possibly Engineer (all depending on what's open at that point, of course).

I'd expect a 4-day, 3-night trip at a minimum, likely Thursday through Sunday, with camping in between runs. One day trip to get down there, camp that night, run BBP/Imogene the next day, camp again, run Engineer (or whatever else we want), camp, then head home on the fourth day.

Kids/dogs are welcome, so long as they're well-behaved (meaning @Notyourmomslx450 can't come, but @NotyourmomsWife can) and can handle some extended days/nights of wheeling and camping (I'm not bringing mine and I do an absolutely horrible job of censoring my language, just FYI ;)). Beer/whiskey are always welcome (for camping only, of course).

I'm going to limit this to 5-6 trucks to keep it simple and streamlined. Post up if you're interested. :headbang:

1. @bassguyry
2. @Trail Bum
3. @Notyourmomslx450
4. @NotyourmomsWife (because Andy travels with way too much beautification gear)
5. @justin4045
6. @Old40Dog

Standby List (aka the "People named Adam who probably aren't going to be allowed to wheel with us but we love them anyway List"):

1. @On the RX (Adam)
2. @rushthezeppelin (not Adam)
3. @gungriffin (definitely not Adam)
4. @KC Masterpiece
5. @Fisher67

Last edited:

Trail Bum

Rising Sun Member
Also interested. Sounds like a great trip and some fun trails. Please add me to the list. Thanks!

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
That’s the week after Solid Axle Summit. You’ll miss all us goons in the old trucks! Although there is one guy who usually brings his solid axle swapped, tray back 100. The rest are old though.

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
That’s the week after Solid Axle Summit. You’ll miss all us goons in the old trucks! Although there is one guy who usually brings his solid axle swapped, tray back 100. The rest are old though.
Lame. Come out for another weekend, then! 😁

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

Old40Dog

Rising Sun Member
Please add me to the list. Beautiful place to visit and wheel.

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
That filled up quick. I'm half interested but would probably only be able to make bbp/Imogene unless I found a good Catholic parish on the way home to attend mass at.

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
I leave to visit the in-laws and @bassguyry goes ahead and schedules the Ouray trip! WTH. Toss me on the wait list please.

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I leave to visit the in-laws and @bassguyry goes ahead and schedules the Ouray trip! WTH. Toss me on the wait list please.
Let's be honest, I'm not one for following rules in the first place, especially ones I set, so I'll likely just let everyone go. ;)

Burt88

Trail Ready
I live over here so I'll probably just see you out on the trails.

Also, for whoever can register in time, The Rocky Mountain Toyota Roundup is July 23-26. It was a great time last year.