• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Old Chinaman Gulch Sat. May 1st, 2021

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
I’ve seen him on it and he will do just fine.
Ages ago! I think it was Nathaniel's 60 that broke a rear driveshaft. then on the snowy past-midnight way home we fixed @nuclearlemon 's TRE with a Pringles can.

ScaldedDog

Hard Core 4+
Cmon, spray some touch up paint on your sliders and load up!
Oh, man, lots to do. The 4runner is 95% done, at least for a shakedown run, but I can't get my tow rig ready by Saturday, and I think the rabbits spent the winter feeding on my trailer wiring.

Now, where's that spray can...

Mark

Danger Noodle

Trail Ready

Danger Noodle

Trail Ready
How long is the trail? Does anybody have a rough estimate?

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
Ages ago! I think it was Nathaniel's 60 that broke a rear driveshaft. then on the snowy past-midnight way home we fixed @nuclearlemon 's TRE with a Pringles can.
Close. Nathaniel was a left rear axle shaft. That was a long day. I think a couple of us managed to get a bit of sleep in uncle Ben's 80 as he bombarded down to get parts. I believe sheps revenge is gone now

Attachments

• chinamanmike5.JPG
    chinamanmike5.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 154

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Yea I remember all that. Good times. Sheps is still there and will need to be driven or winched. I hear it gives people the most trouble still. I'm not going to be too aggressively and wont be afraid to pull cable on that one.

I figure we will be off the trail mid to late afternoon since it's kind of a late start (10am). Depends how cleanly we make through of course. We usually have lunch at the double slab as people play on it.

LXBRADY

Hard Core 4+
Yea I remember all that. Good times. Sheps is still there and will need to be driven or winched. I hear it gives people the most trouble still. I'm not going to be too aggressively and wont be afraid to pull cable on that one.

Ohh yeah, I do not like that spot, candy cane ds in that area before the cable came out last time.

My ds are redone I might have to nose in a pull cable, I’m not proud.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
What obstacle is that? Pictures?
I think its been 10 years since last time.
Were FJ Cruiser Trails Teams before or after 2010?
IMG_7323.JPGIMG_7380.JPGIMG_7429.JPGIMG_7446.JPGIMG_7497.JPGIMG_7512.JPG
IMG_7463.JPG

LXBRADY

Hard Core 4+
Oh yeah, I remember the Rompies flop and the broken axle and the broken knuckle studs....that was the last time he wheeled that rig.

Danger Noodle

Trail Ready
Will anyone be coming from the Colorado Springs area that wants to convoy up?

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Sorry you cant make it Daniel. Thanks for posting those pics of some good memories.

I'm heading out now to camp somewhere in the woods. See you at the Gunsmoke at 930am. 146430

Danger Noodle

Trail Ready
I'll be there! Hopefully, the new build will take all the road miles OK.