FREE OEM coil springs 97 80 series

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
I have the OEM coil springs front and rear. I’ve never used these springs, they came with my 80 when I bought it. They’ve been sitting in the shed since.

If anyone wants them please let me know, otherwise they’re going in the trash. Very good condition, just a little dirty.
Front
IMG_1821.jpeg
Rear
IMG_1822.jpeg

Last edited:

Heckraiser

For any 3rd gen 4R guys, the front 80 springs can be used as a ~3" lift spring on the rear of your 3rd gen. I used to have this setup with some bilsteins and it worked really well.

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
Thanks for this ^^^ I have heard of this being done but didn’t know which model or how much lift was provided.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
For any 3rd gen 4R guys, the front 80 springs can be used as a ~3" lift spring on the rear of your 3rd gen. I used to have this setup with some bilsteins and it worked really well.
Our even cheaper pick up some 80 rear shocks for 110 for the set from Stevinson. That's my rear setup and frankly it works stupidly good for the price. Throw in some bumpstops from a 95-05 Blazer from a pick n pull and you are set for very little investment. If only the front was this cheap lol.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Thanks for this ^^^ I have heard of this being done but didn’t know which model or how much lift was provided.
The color code approximately determines the lift. I'll check on the t4r thread to see which ones these are and post here.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Looks like a 7.5 and 8 wrap. That should come out to 4" new but used they could be an low as 3.25". I think this is the same setup I have and that was my lift total. 8 wrap goes on driver side to combat driver lean.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Also a heads up with no weight they will likely be a tad oversprung. Mine ride fine but they feel great with at least 100lbs in the back. Okay I'm done posting a bunch. Now we just have to find someone in the club who needs a rear lift on their 3rd gen.

ColoradoMntMan

Rising Sun Member
If multiple people are interested in these, I have a set as well that I was going to post up for free.

Dirt Claude

Johnny Utah, I'll take the springs off your hands. I've got a new to me 3rd gen 4Runner that's going to be sitting on 35s. I'll shoot you a DM.