• UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO FORECAST OF RAIN: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

⦿ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

not being able to post pics

SRT08BUS

Hard Core 4+
Every time I try it says responding to risingsun and then after a few I get a blank white page on the management window. In the past some times I would just hit review and it would justso the pics I was trying to load....not happening in this case.

LXBRADY

Hard Core 4+
Make sure you reduce the size of the pictures before posting up. I always do med. size and med. res.

SRT08BUS

Hard Core 4+
Make sure you reduce the size of the pictures before posting up. I always do med. size and med. res.

I guess I'm a little bit useless when it comes to comps., I thought when that happens it tells you the file is to big...this just turns to a white screen with nothing on it.

SRT08BUS

Hard Core 4+
test.......I found that the sample pics from the comp I just bought work so it is in my pic sizes.....so now I need to find how to shrink them

Attachments

• Desert.jpg
    Desert.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 214

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
You have options

- some Office installs come with Microsoft Picture Manager, which includes a resizing function. If you have MS Office installed on your PC, see if it shows up under one of the sub-menus.

- Set up a free account at Photobucket, Flickr, or equivalent picture host. Most will resize automatically, or provide a tool.

- Download a free utility from the net. Here's one example:
http://download.cnet.com/Free-Picture-Resize-Starter/3000-12511_4-10297789.html

RicardoJM

Hard Core 4+
I use IRFANVIEW it works well and is free. It is a bit of a hassle to go through the resizeing process (whatever the tool) but it does make a significant difference in the amount of disk space that is needed to store the pictures, which makes our server resources extend further and probably saves us some money.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
I use the powertoys resizer.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/downloads/windows-xp

it works really well. turns it into a right click thing.

x2 - this is what I use

You can resize one picture or hundreds at a time by highlighting them and then right-clicking and select resize. Several standard resizing options plus custom and you can choose whether it saves the resized picture over the old file or saves a new copy of the picture.

I have Irfanview as well but never use it because of the powertoys version's simple right-click integration :)

wesintl

RS Moderator
I use walgreens, print them out... then I drive around and show them to interested parties. ;)

on the flip side depending on what kind of system you have... right click, open with - microsoft office 2010.

Then edit pictures, resize, predefined width x height and choose web large 640x480

Of course i dunno if it's worth all the trouble to look at fjcruisers ;)

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
on the flip side depending on what kind of system you have... right click, open with - microsoft office 2010.

Office 2010? Heck, I'm still using Office 2003 :hill:

SRT08BUS

Hard Core 4+
Thanks everyone for the help, here's my next try.....like butter but it will take a bit to get them all changed

Attachments

• FJC Summit 006.JPG
    FJC Summit 006.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 177