• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Noobs Run - Sunday Oct 13th

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Hi All,

If you’re like me and can’t make the Cumbres and Toltec run, let’s meetup at Slaughter gulch and have a noobs run!!

Meetup - 8:45am -Loaf n Jug - 173 Bulldogger Rd, Bailey, CO 80421
Airing back up at 4:00p

days agenda - Airdown: 9:15at the trail head.

-intro to driving and 4 wheeling - TREAD
-basic mechanicals and vehicle 360
-intro to hilift
-intro to the wiz bang buttons
-basics of winching/gear -single line
-driving/couching MTS/Atrac/lockers

This will be a fairly long and slow going day. Bring lunch, snacks, and a camp chair.

Bring rain gear just in case.

Bring out your gear and let’s talk about it.

Stock rigs are welcome

Feel free to post up anything you’d like to discuss on Sunday.

If you’re interested in learning more about Tread Lightly, they have a free 45min online course that is super informative.

https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
If you haven’t been to one of Jackson’s Noobs runs and you’re looking to advance your skills and understanding of off-roading then this is the ticket for you! He should really charge for the top quality instruction he gives out so take advantage of it while you still can!

Telly

Rising Sun Member
This sounds fantastic. I'll check my 17 year old's schedule and hopefully join you with his 89 FJ62.

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
This is a great opportunity for anyone that wants to improve their off-road skils. Jackson is extremely knowledgeable and experienced. He has trained under Bill Burke for years and is an excellent instructor. You'd be well served to take advantage of it. :)

Last edited:

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Boy thanks for the kind words guys!
F25D20DC-6D0B-4DF4-B509-6DE3F5D72874.jpeg

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
@jps8460 Jake's "Totally down." I think that means he's interested.

Lastresort576

Hard Core 4+
Im definitely interested in attending this. That is if I can get the go ahead from the wife. Ha.
I also have a buddy who is just getting into this sport that would more than likely want to attend. He would either ride shot gun with me, or if it was ok with the group, he'd take his Jeep Grand Cherokee. It has a 3.5" lift on it and I think the jeep could handle the trail.

-Dwight

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
All these cool events smack in the middle of 1st Rifle.

Fisher67

Rising Sun Member
Went on the last newbs run and learned a lot. Plan to be there this time and hopefully able to better understand all the info presented. Will actually have a CB, Ham, and recovery gear, unlike first appearance.

Best,

Todd

Telly

Rising Sun Member
Myself (Doug) and my son Trent will be there at 8:45. I haven't decided if we are driving two rigs or not. I've got a lifted/locked 87 FJ60 and Trent drives a 89 FJ62 with a small lift and 31" tires. More than likely, I'll be riding shotgun with Trent.

Yeti

Rising Sun Member
I'd like to join if that's alright. I'm not a member yet but I hope to be soon. I have a 2011 LX570 on 34's that I am finding very fun to wheel.
My name is Greg. Jackson, I believe I briefly met you at the last club meeting but had to leave a little early.

DanTheMan

Rising Sun Member
I'd like to attend this one again, Jackson does a fantastic job on these runs!

stusic

Land Use Coordinator
Not a member yet, but I'd really like to join on this trip. As a beginner, I'd be stoked to get some instruction on the basics. I haven't gotten my new tires yet, but I understand there's bypasses around the most difficult stuff. Would this be a problem with my stock 80?

stusic

Land Use Coordinator
Not a member yet, but I'd really like to join on this trip. As a beginner, I'd be stoked to get some instruction on the basics. I haven't gotten my new tires yet, but I understand there's bypasses around the most difficult stuff. Would this be a problem with my stock 80?

Looks like I'll be okay on this trip. Is it uncommon to ask to use someone's compressor to air up?

I'm getting pretty excited, I think this'll be a great trip :)

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Looks like I'll be okay on this trip. Is it uncommon to ask to use someone's compressor to air up?

I'm getting pretty excited, I think this'll be a great trip :)
As long as your tires aren't bald and you don't have any known mechanical issues you will likely be fine. It is not unusual for new folks to get air from someone else on the run. Just make sure you have it sorted before you air down. :)