• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Newbs Run 11/20

rover67

Rising Sun Member
I think i'd be down to come and play. more than happy to talk to folks and/or ride along and learn.
Crap looks like were actually headed out of town for thanksgiving the 21st. I'll probably be packing to get ready for the trip the 20th. I'll have to stay at home, yall enjoy, I'll miss being out there.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
If there is room and you have not yet signed up - DO it! Jackson is is a great https://i4wdta.org/ certified trainer. He knows his junk!

Bring out your reversing switch cam bars and let Jackson show you why they matter!

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I’m updating the first post tonight with more details.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
For radios; how about GMRS? I have that ready and My midland handhelds as loaners. My CB is sitting in a box in my garage and I am a dirty unlicensed HAM pirate that doesn't know how to properly use my Yaesu handheld.....

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Bring out your reversing switch cam bars and let Jackson show you why they matter!
Had to google this to see what the heck you were talking about. Clearly I need to work on memorizing the name of every part of a Hi-Lift jack.

Cruiserman

Wincher
I may be asking a stupid question here, but......have all 10 slots been taken? I replied to this thread a while back as "wanting to go if there were any remaining openings", but I 'd like to know if I made the cut or not so I can make other plans if necessary. Thanks.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
I may be asking a stupid question here, but......have all 10 slots been taken? I replied to this thread a while back as "wanting to go if there were any remaining openings", but I 'd like to know if I made the cut or not so I can make other plans if necessary. Thanks.
Great point so I'll update: If I can make it (in negotiations at home :) ) I will ride with Jackson and be his go-fer.

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Okie Dokie, here's what I'm showing

@3rdGen4R - Driver
@rocdoc - Driver
@Notyourmomslx450 - maybe
@Inukshuk - pass - Megan was talking about going... we may have to play by ear.
@MonPetiteShoe - Driver
@Cruiserman - Driver +1
@FireMike - maybe
@gungriffin - passenger
@r.swany - Driver
@Trail Bum - passenger
@Duchess - driver
@Gator1 - driver
and me

We should be just great with this group. If you're a maybe, you might need to hop in with someone based on actual turnout.

GMRS/frs is fine, I'll bring my hand held. We'll just need a tail gunner on ham :)

For the actual instructional driving, anyone that is willing to hop in as a passenger to keep the truck count down is welcome to drive my truck.

remember to bring some warm clothes.

Cheers!

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I’m out.
Don’t want to take up the space from someone that might need it more than me.

FireMike

Rising Sun Member
Sorry Jackson but I'm not gonna make this one. Have a great day all !!!

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
We didn't make the list but sadly @Yarn Runner and I won't make it. Just to clarify for headcount numbers. Have fun all!

Edit: I might show up solo if I can fix my junk in time, if ok. I want to see the new reroute in slaughterhouse.

Last edited:

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
We didn't make the list but sadly @Yarn Runner and I won't make it. Just to clarify for headcount numbers. Have fun all!

Edit: I might show up solo if I can fix my junk in time, if ok. I want to see the new reroute in slaughterhouse.

Sorry guys, you’re 100% welcome to come. I totally screwed that up.

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Hey all, bring a couple empty beer or soda cans if you see this.

Yeti

Rising Sun Member
I plan to attend, see you all soon in the morning.