• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Newbs Run 11/20

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Hi All,

I'm thinking that we aught to do another newbs run. I'm thinking 11/20, weather permitting. Share your interest, and I'll get details posted shortly. This would be at slaughter house gulch. If we get snowed out, we'll find a big parking lot and play with our gear.

Let’s limit to 10 trucks

It's going to be cold, bring a camp chair and warm gear. Check here for updates on changes regarding weather.

Pizza provided by the club on the way home.

HAM 147.420
CB 17
Meetup - 8:00am -Loaf n Jug - 173 Bulldogger Rd, Bailey, CO 80421
trail head is here if you roll in a little late: https://goo.gl/maps/6eTNPAHEvVDCQBxF9

Airing back up by 4p

days agenda - Airdown: 10:00am at the trail head.

-intro to driving and 4 wheeling - maps/TREAD
-basic mechanicals and vehicle 360
-intro to hilift - we may skip this based on time.
-intro to the wiz bang buttons
-driving/coaching MTS/Atrac/lockers

This will be a fairly long and slow going day. Bring lunch, snacks, and a camp chair.

Bring rain gear just in case.

Bring out your gear and let’s talk about it.

Stock rigs are welcome

Feel free to post up anything you’d like to discuss on Saturday.

If you’re interested in learning more about Tread Lightly, they have a free 45min online course that is super informative.

Online Courses - Tread Lightly

www.treadlightly.org
www.treadlightly.org

Last edited:

rocdoc

Wincher
Hi All,

I'm thinking that we aught to do another newbs run. I'm thinking 11/20, weather permitting. Share your interest, and I'll get details posted shortly. This would be at slaughter house gulch. If we get snowed out, we'll find a big parking lot and play with our gear.
I'm interested. I have a 2021 4Runner offroad premium which I don't really want to "break", and not alot of experience so y'all will have to let me know if I should participate.

Bob

rover67

Rising Sun Member
I think i'd be down to come and play. more than happy to talk to folks and/or ride along and learn.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I’m hopeful….
Depends on how Lisa’s feeling.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I’m going to limit this to 10 trucks. Ride alongs are encouraged.

Last edited:

FireMike

Rising Sun Member
I’m going to limit this to 10 trucks. Ride alongs are encouraged.
Rodger that sir, I'll wait till the end then and see what is left as I've done it already this year anyway. Possible ride along if wanted.

rocdoc

Wincher
Hi All,

Let’s limit to 10 trucks
I’d like to drive if possible. I’ve joined TLCA and need an event for RS membership. 😀

rocdoc

Wincher
I'm interested. I have a 2021 4Runner offroad premium which I don't really want to "break", and not alot of experience so y'all will have to let me know if I should participate.

Bob

I’d like to drive as possible. I’ve joined TLCA in need an event for RS membership.😀

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I’ll step aside this go round.