New Toyota stuff, 80 series, FJ Cruiser etc.

attachment.php

Fits the 80 seires front AND rear divider requires no drilling, holds a ton of junk in the back, installs in minutes, removed in seconds.

Also a review under our "Tech" section: http://www.raingler.com/installations.htm

Available here and more details: http://www.raingler.com/merch88Toyota.htm
Toy80series2.JPG

Toy80series3.JPG

Toy80series.JPG

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Hey,

That truck looks vaguely familiar :hill: - now I'm wishing I had cleaned it up a little :lol:

Glad to see you made it to the site Eddie! :cheers:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Eddie, just a question for you, have you done any testing with the grab handles to see what kind of forces they can withstand?

Eddie, just a question for you, have you done any testing with the grab handles to see what kind of forces they can withstand?

Do you mean the grab handles we manufacturer or the factory Toyota ones on the 80 series?
Ours have been tested to 500#'s each. http://www.raingler.com/merch88GrabHandles.htm
As far as the OEM ones, we do not have this data, although I am sure that it could be located in some archive. We do use an 800# rated buckle along with 1,000# rated webbing. With the design of the netting, an impact from an unsprung load would obviously be dispersed amoung all mounting straps. (yes, please read the legal disclaimer on the website concerning loads and safety if one intends to purchase any item such as this) \ I'd have to dissect a handle to see if it does have a steel band insert to get an idea of it's strength. My best educated guess is that the weakest pount would be the 800# METAL buckle that we use or possible the OEM bolt and attaching structure. (Just to illustrate, that we do not use any plastic hardware)
Likely if a loose bowling ball is left in back during a front end collision, it most likely would be fatal, Raingler net or no net. :cheers:

Last edited:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Matt, the screws that hold those handles on are M6 x 1.0.. not so big. I would speculate that's your weak point, they'd either snap or pull out of the body before that injection molded handle breaks.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Matt, the screws that hold those handles on are M6 x 1.0.. not so big. I would speculate that's your weak point, they'd either snap or pull out of the body before that injection molded handle breaks.

So Tim, do you think it would be worth the effort to have some brackets fabbed up that use the grab handle bolt to attach to the body (under the handle) and then have an opening in the other end to attach the cargo net strap to?

I was considering looking into that but it sounds like it would not make a difference, and it wouldn't be any stronger. I don't ever plan on anything super heavy needing to be stopped by the net so maybe it is a moot point :confused:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
So Tim, do you think it would be worth the effort to have some brackets fabbed up that use the grab handle bolt to attach to the body (under the handle) and then have an opening in the other end to attach the cargo net strap to?

I was considering looking into that but it sounds like it would not make a difference, and it wouldn't be any stronger. I don't ever plan on anything super heavy needing to be stopped by the net so maybe it is a moot point :confused:

Makes a difference from a looks/function perspective, but you're not going to gain any strength, it's just a little screw in there. If you were fabbing something to mate to the seat belts that would be a different story. I'm using some little angle brackets from the Depot for my ghetto-net.

Mine gets the job done, but I'm definitely considering one of the nicer ones that Eddie sells for the future. :thumb:

edit: and no, my DS handle isn't missing, it's right where it belongs (above the driver's door!)

Attachments

• handle1.jpg
    handle1.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 680
  • handle2.jpg
    handle2.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 693
  • handle_screw.jpg
    handle_screw.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 671

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
:lol: (re: the grab handle)

Thanks for the insight Tim on the brackets 'n stuff :thumb:

Last edited:

Something along the lines of these in this article?
http://www.raingler.com/Toyota_FJ_Cruiser_Barrier_net_installation_tips.pdf

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Thanks for the link Eddie...I might have to look into something along those lines :)

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Cool, the professionals always make it look so much better.. :cool:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
That is cool Eddie! Do you have the full ones in stock and any chance for a Rising Sun discount? ;) :thumb: :hill:

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Net has been Rubicon/Rubithon tested :D - You can barely make out the cargo net in the picture but it is there...

Pic courtesy of Treeroot :thumb:

Attachments

• Rubithon.jpg
    Rubithon.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:

corsair23

Hard Core 4+

Hi All! I know it's a back from the dead but more and new updated FJ Stuff is out, revised some products that have been out awhile too.

(Someone has been trying to log into my account, good it notified me BTW :)

Thanks for checking our stuff out, let me know if anything.
info@raingler.com