• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

New tire on the market?

subzali

Hard Core 4+
It looks like BFG may have updated their tread on the M/T - I've seen the tire twice but couldn't read whose it was, cannot find anything online - but it looked like BFG writing ala Mud-Terrain T/A K/M etc.

Anybody know?

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
they did say at one of the shows that they were updating and may be eliminating the rim protector on the muds, but not the ats.

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
Anyone know if these are out in usefull sizes yet?

Last i heard, the new tread was only on a 20 or 22 inch rim. BLING!

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Here ya go....nice looking tire!

Attachments

• new bfg mudder.jpg
    new bfg mudder.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 179

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Not the one I was thinking of...hmmm

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
THAT should work well in snow & ice on the road.

Not.

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
Red_Chili said:
THAT should work well in snow & ice on the road.

Not.

Hard to say.

I run plane jane AT's and the consensus elsewhere on the net says they are the worst tire ever, terrible offroad, in rain, in snow, yet, they've worked fine for me for years. Great in the snow, rain, and wonderful offroad. One guy even went so far as to PM me and tell me that by saying I had any success with the tire, there was no way i'd ever run them, even though i've never run anything else.

wesintl

RS Moderator
that's still a krawler right..

this is the new one I've seen:

Attachments

• BFGoodrichKM2.jpg
    BFGoodrichKM2.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 139

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Hmmm...still not it. It's similar to the Toyo Open Country M/T but I don't think it's the same.

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
No, not a krawler. They currently only come in 2 sizes, 35x13.50 15 and 37x12.50 17. the one above does not look like either of those tires.

Both of those tires look the same to me, just with different cuts in the treads. But, maybe i'm just crazy! (could be :D)

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I run plane jane AT's and the consensus elsewhere on the net says they are the worst tire ever, terrible offroad, in rain, in snow, yet, they've worked fine for me for years. Great in the snow, rain, and wonderful offroad. One guy even went so far as to PM me and tell me that by saying I had any success with the tire, there was no way i'd ever run them, even though i've never run anything else.
Regardless of web consensus, I have run BFG ATs in the snow and rain and find them to be very good. The old ones were less so.
I have run BFG MTs in the rain and snow and find them to be truly awful unless you sipe them. Then they chunk.
I have run GY MT/Rs in the same conditions and they are very good. They do seem to have recent trouble making round ones though.
The last pix do look interesting. 35x13.50/15 sounds interesting. 37x13.50/15 would be more so.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Regardless of web consensus, I have run BFG ATs in the snow and rain and find them to be very good. The old ones were less so.
I have run BFG MTs in the rain and snow and find them to be truly awful unless you sipe them. Then they chunk.
I have run GY MT/Rs in the same conditions and they are very good. They do seem to have recent trouble making round ones though.
The last pix do look interesting. 35x13.50/15 sounds interesting. 37x13.50/15 would be more so.

I concur...;)