New forum: Photography Corner

Little Snow Action...Nikon D700...
4221159356_dc4fdbd7e1_o.jpg

wesintl

RS Moderator
dat's a bitchin 60!

When the song was made Nikon had the film market unless you had money for Leica. Canon was a good second but i always say it is not the camera but the shooter and the glass. That changed when digital was introduced.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Little Snow Action...Nikon D700...
4221159356_dc4fdbd7e1_o.jpg

How much sharpening are you putting on that in Photoshop when you resize the photo? I always try to be cautious with these adjustments. To the trained eye it looks very apparent.

It's a very nice photo but I'd love to see it with a little less unsharp mask.

jacdaw

Hard Core 4+
How much sharpening are you putting on that in Photoshop when you resize the photo? I always try to be cautious with these adjustments. To the trained eye it looks very apparent. It's a very nice photo but I'd love to see it with a little less unsharp mask.
Do you notice it most in the bumper antenna?

CardinalFJ60

Rising Sun Member
I noticed the B/C pillar

as well as the trees in the background. but DAY-UM! who cares!!!

how you likin' that D700!? bad-ass full frame camera

How much sharpening are you putting on that in Photoshop when you resize the photo? I always try to be cautious with these adjustments. To the trained eye it looks very apparent.

It's a very nice photo but I'd love to see it with a little less unsharp mask.

Yes, I have over sharpened and reduced the picture size with optimization, It becomes a bit pixilated in some areas but I still like it, I don't mind the pixilation since I am not publishing or printing these pics, I also over due it a bit because when I post the pics here they look a little out of focus...not sure if it's just me. I don't use photoshop, I use photofiltre (a free program that has the essentials and does batch jobs...very small file to install) it's great for stuff like this, when I go for publishing or printing large format photos I use Photoshop on the desktop with quad processors and 8 gigs of memory...makes quick work of any job. Like they say different strokes for different folks. :cheers:

as well as the trees in the background. but DAY-UM! who cares!!!

how you likin' that D700!? bad-ass full frame camera

You said it "BAD-ASS", it's a great camera. You can use older pro lenses without dealing with the 1.5x factor, handles low light very well. This c
amera makes me look good!!! :p: Big leap from my D70!!!

oh...it's a little heavy with the vertical grip...but you know you have a substantial camera in your hands...thats for sure.

4241789602_1da7f08f42_o.jpg

jacdaw

Hard Core 4+
Great shot. I think I can actually make out germs, the resolution is so good.;)
You said it "BAD-ASS", it's a great camera. You can use older pro lenses without dealing with the 1.5x factor, handles low light very well. This c
amera makes me look good!!! :p: Big leap from my D70!!!

oh...it's a little heavy with the vertical grip...but you know you have a substantial camera in your hands...thats for sure.

4241789602_1da7f08f42_o.jpg

Great shot. I think I can actually make out germs, the resolution is so good.;)

I will have to tone down the sharpness...keep those germs out of the pic...:lmao:

leiniesred

Hard Core 4+
Nikon Film

I adopted Lin's Highschool yearbook staff camera. Nikon EM with a 28-80 lense on it most of the time. I have the original flash and the autowinder for it too. "It was the smallest and cheapest SLR ever made by Nippon Kogaku."

It is smaller than an F body Nikon and has fewer things to mess with, but shares lenses with the F body cameras. It has proven very durable and is often described as the camera most likely found banging around in the boot of a car. (ours happens to be in Lin's Audi's trunk right now!)

Ours works perfectly. And, It has a full mechanical mode (1/90th) so it is EMP (or dead battery) resistant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikon_EM

The camera was styled by none other than Giorgetto Giugiaro. Same guy that designed the Subaru SVX, the Delorean, and The Toyota Lexus GS.

Attachments

• Nikon-EMa[1].jpg
    Nikon-EMa[1].jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 236

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

Attachments

• minox_leica_3M.jpg
    minox_leica_3M.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 236

Cheeseman

Rising Sun Member
Wow. Great stuff. Nikon for about 25 years now. Put two shutters in an old FM2. Then did the same in an N90. Got that the first year they came out. Now I playing with a D90. Got lots of good lenses. 200f4macro, 60f2.8AFmacro, 20-35f2.8AF, 35-70f2.8AF, 80-200f2.8AF, 300f4AF, 24-120f3.5-5.6AF-D, 18-105f3.5-5.6AF-VR, 500f4P, Bunch of manual lenses also. I learned along time ago that the only the film or sensor sees is glass. Spend your money on glass, good glass. The rest is just a box with a door in it that's dark inside.

I've attended many seminars from the likes of John Gerlach, Rod Planck, George Lepp, Dewitt Jones, Art Wolfe, John Fielder, forgot some of them. Read many books, many magazines. Have thousands of prints and slides. All this learned me to shoot good the first time or there abouts.

So now that this digital stuff is vogue I have a problem. The computer. I can shoot well from all the photo skills I have learned. I firmly believe do it right the first time, in the camera. But I don't have the comfort with the computer side of it.

So If I can get help with the computer I will help with the rest. I love to teach this stuff.
________
Xxx.tube

Last edited:

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Sony Cybershot family here :eek:

After years of lugging around a bigger camera on vacations and such I got tired of it...Simple point and shoot for me now - seems to work just fine but it will definitely keep me out of the :cool: guy camera club :hill: