New dates for Cruise Moab 2020 (official)

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
New dates for Cruise Moab 2020 are officially:

Monday, April 13 - Sunday April 19, 2020.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here's the text of the email we just sent out to the Cruise Moab email list.

Why the date change?
You might be wondering why we're not holding the event during the first week of May as we normally do. Here's why: we booked the Old Spanish Trail Arena for Cruise Moab! If you came to CM 2019, we used the parking lot at the Old Spanish Trail Arena (and it was great) but this time we're moving into the Arena itself! We're hoping this will make the event even better than ever before.
Wait, didn't you previously announce different dates?
Yes. That was premature. Our apologies.
Cruise Moab starts on a Monday now?
At our most recent event, we had overnight runs starting on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Overnight runs are a ton of fun and give you an excuse to buy that overlanding gear you've had your eye on! We encourage you to check out one of our overnight runs if you have the time.

The main event starts with check-in on Wednesday, April 15. We'll be doing guided trail runs on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday just as we have done in the past.
When will registration open?
We'll be opening registration in early January 2020. You're already on our notification list. We'll make sure you hear about it in advance.

If someone forwarded this to you, join the Cruise Moab email list yourself so you don't miss a thing.

For more details about this change, please read my CM officer's report for October 2019 in the members section of the forum.

wesintl

RS Moderator
I'm guessing spanish trail was booked first weekend in may?

Pipewhiner

New-ish
Crap, we made reservations based on the dates posted prior. At least we have time to change. This is officially official right??

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I'm guessing spanish trail was booked first weekend in may?

Yes, the Old Spanish Trail Arena has a long-standing annual event in the Arena for the first weekend of May every year. We're going to move the date for 2020 to get the Arena, and then evaluate whether this is a permanent decision.

Crap, we made reservations based on the dates posted prior. At least we have time to change. This is officially official right??

Yes, that's correct. My apologies for the inconvenience. We had the Arena booked for the 4th weekend originally, but the Moab Area Travel Council didn't want us overlapping with the annual Moab Car Show. We had to move it earlier. These dates have been officially approved by all.

stusic

Land Use Coordinator
I've never been to Cruise Moab, but it really would like to join this year (looks super dope). I don't know that I'm able to do the whole week, but would have to choose between the beginning few days or the end few days. I imagine the last few days (which work better with the weekend) is best, but don't know. Is there an itinerary available?

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I've never been to Cruise Moab, but it really would like to join this year (looks super dope). I don't know that I'm able to do the whole week, but would have to choose between the beginning few days or the end few days. I imagine the last few days (which work better with the weekend) is best, but don't know. Is there an itinerary available?

I would try to arrive on Wednesday afternoon to get registered and do the vehicle inspection. Then you can run trails on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, plus Vendor Night on Thursday night, and the big Dinner & Raffle on Friday night.

If you can't take off that much time, can you drive in Wednesday night? Or Thursday day?

stusic

Land Use Coordinator
Thanks. I think I could take Wednesday, just not the whole week. Man, I'm looking forward to this.

stusic

Land Use Coordinator
Snap, nevermind. Cruise is one week before spring break and my wife'll be knee deep in grading. I still could potentially make it down F/S/S...

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
If you can drive in Thursday night, you can do the vehicle inspection first thing on Friday morning and then hit a trail. If you can't make it in until Friday afternoon, you'll only get the dinner/raffle and one official trail run on Saturday. Up to you, but I would try to get 2 trail runs in.

stusic

Land Use Coordinator
I'm totally used to alpine starts, so that could work.