Never miss a post again

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Never miss another post again. Use the New Posts feature. See attached screen shot.

Attachments

• new-posts.jpg
    new-posts.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:

wesintl

RS Moderator
This is a frequently used item for those that frequent the forum often.

I don't use it on mud but here it's very handy. Matt, thanks for the screen shot

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
I have used that for a quite some time on RS. There is a problem however if you only have time to read a couple of posts and not all and then when you come back new posts will show up and you will miss the previous ones you didn't read. Overall it is an awesome feature and I personally would be lost without it!

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I have used that for a quite some time on RS. There is a problem however if you only have time to read a couple of posts and not all and then when you come back new posts will show up and you will miss the previous ones you didn't read. Overall it is an awesome feature and I personally would be lost without it!

Yes, if you keep hitting the New Posts button, that is how it will work.

A better way to use it is to keep hitting the Back button to go back to your original new posts list, so you can go through the entire list.

The best way is to use Firefox (or IE 7) and use tabbed browsing: keep your search list in the original tab, and then open several threads in their own tabs.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Yes, if you keep hitting the New Posts button, that is how it will work.

A better way to use it is to keep hitting the Back button to go back to your original new posts list, so you can go through the entire list.

The best way is to use Firefox (or IE 7) and use tabbed browsing: keep your search list in the original tab, and then open several threads in their own tabs.

I do....all of the above! I'm saying if I have a minute and I check the forum and there is a lot of posts. I skim down and read the ones of immediate interest then my time window is gone even though there are 10 more posts I didn't read. I pull up the forum an hour or so later and poof-new posts and the ones I didn't get read are gonzo. Not a problem, just pointing out the nature of the beast....

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
I really like it when I'm viewing the RS forum on my BlackBerry. :D

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Just got a Blackberry. Chris, I need some lessons. This thing does everything.

bskey

That's how I found this thread!

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Hmmm. I don't think it will return different results based on a rolling 24 hour period. Rats.