• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Name that rig/carrier

acon40

Banned
So, I had the joy of traffic on 36 this morning in the girls VW Golf when up next to me for a go 10 min back and forth is a dark green 80 with black wheels. plate started with 219 I think. ANYWAY, I noticed the rear bumper, stock had a power outlet installed or atleast thats what it looked like. Kinda cool I though. The kicker was, it had a tire carrier on it that bolted some how to the bottom of the bumper? Not really sure what it was. Look interesting and might be a nice option if I didn't want a full blown bumper yet. Anyway who and what? Haha.:beer:

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
nakman has a Kaymar rear bumper. The power outlet is something he will probably do now.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
110 or 12 volt? :) sorry, no black rims.

edit: and I believe it's Kaymar who makes a tire carrier that works with the stock bumper, bolts through the corners of the fender. It wouldn't use those end caps as an attachment point, those are just plastic and are really just barely held on there.

As for the power, you probably saw a Hoppy or similar round 7-pin trailer wire harness. Rick B (Landtank) did a sweet job flush mounting his to his Kaymar bumper, which takes a bit of work. Putting one towards the side of a stock bumper would be easy, since it's just plastic. Mine's underneath the bumper, and mounted sideways so it doesn't get scraped off...

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 154