My new ride (motorcycle content)

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Makes me want to buy one so I can go out and have some fun with you guys :D

Hmmm...With all you guys with motorcycles, maybe I should post up a for sale ad for my motorcycle trailer :hill:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
turn signals is so I can shift and/or steer with my left hand while making turns in the city. They have LED ones now that are integrated into the bark buster deflectors... :cool:

60wag

Rising Sun Member
The stator puts out enough to power the headlight and tail light. The turn signals don't add enough to amount to anything. A heavy duty cooling fan or heated grips will leave you wanting more watts out of the charging system.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
The stator puts out enough to power the headlight and tail light. The turn signals don't add enough to amount to anything. A heavy duty cooling fan or heated grips will leave you wanting more watts out of the charging system.

Well the guy who sold me the bike said the shop who did the recent engine work (Apex) suggested he upgrade the stator. My understanding is your EXC has a better one, since it came with lights, but the XC line didn't come with lights so they have a weaker stator with lower charge rate.. which means I'd want to upgrade to a EXC-level stator if I really want to run lights a lot. Which I do.

Hey can you point me to your helmet speaker kit?

subzali

Hard Core 4+
my stator does fine with headlight and LED brake light. Not sure about how it would handle turn signals.

wesintl

RS Moderator
I don't see anything... :dunno:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Matt you have a XCF-w as well?

I just got off the phone with the insurance company, brace yourself.. $39.91 a year for full coverage. :eek: guess is pays to be old? :(

subzali

Hard Core 4+
2008 KTM 250 XCF-W. Yep.

baja1d

Hard Core 4+
Let's ride!!! Thinking about heading up to Green River the weekend before C.M. Found some unreal singletrack out there last year! If I can swing it, my plan is to ditch the camper in G.J. so that I don't have to pull it over the divide the following weekend. BTW, get the biggest stator you can find and run a 100w headlight. If you ever get cought in the dark you'll be glad.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member

Attachments

• nakman-ktm_1.jpg
    nakman-ktm_1.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 292
  • nakman-ktm_2.jpg
    nakman-ktm_2.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 766

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
baja: You got a KTM too? A group of us are headed to the Lake Powell area that weekend, with plans to stay down there until Wednesday then up to Moab- if you have an offroad camper it'll make it, but slowly.. you could also ditch it somewhere on the way. send me a PM if you want more info.

I like your stator & light suggestion, I've had dim lights before and yeah they blow- more is betta fo sho!

Chris: free spin around the block with any rack purchase. :)

Bruce: confusing on that site exactly what to get, I'm going to call them during business hours I presume they know? thanks for the link

wesintl

RS Moderator
THAT is awesome Tim! :D

here I was going to buy an old School honda fat cat or yamaha big wheel. I might have to rethink

rover67

Rising Sun Member
That thing looks sweet dude.

Congrats. :)

60wag

Rising Sun Member

baja1d

Hard Core 4+
Bummer, can't make the Powell trip... Family is coming with me to CM but please keep me posted on future rides. No on the KTM but someday I'll join the orange team. I'm currently riding a titled YZ250 that's set up for enduro/distance riding.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I guess this is the unofficial KTM confessions thread.

Here's mine, a 2008 KTM 250 XCF-W, bought brand new in January of 2009, now with Probends bark busters (the plastic ones didn't last long):
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Awesome pics, Matt! I psyched we have the same bikes, I have a lot of questions for you...

I actually started another "confessions" thread just now, but either one will do. Maybe in time this one will be buried in the abyss but the other could be more on top? Either way, thanks for playing.. hope to see you next week.