• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

For Sale My Labor Upholstering Your Seats

DanielChase

Rising Sun Member
I’ve got a full set of fully functioning heated power seats from a 1999 land cruiser (Tan Leather) they would be the perfect set of cores for someone to drop off for reupholstering and then swap into their 100 series truck when they are done! I’ve been trying to get $100 for them but I can be talked into less or maybe free. Just come get them out of my way!!! Located in Englewood. I’ve got both front seats both middle row and at least one jump seat...

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
If you are doing 4runners I would like to touch base with you as well. I have a 3rdGen 4runner. I would want the foam to be redone as well... What do you think?
Driver and passenger bases are identical on the 3rd gen 4runner so if you find a good passenger side seat foam you can use it for the driver side.

CardinalFJ60

Rising Sun Member
I’ve got a full set of fully functioning heated power seats from a 1999 land cruiser (Tan Leather) they would be the perfect set of cores for someone to drop off for reupholstering and then swap into their 100 series truck when they are done! I’ve been trying to get $100 for them but I can be talked into less or maybe free. Just come get them out of my way!!! Located in Englewood. I’ve got both front seats both middle row and at least one jump seat...
you think these are too wide for a 40?? ( I say yes. )

DanielChase

Rising Sun Member
you think these are too wide for a 40?? ( I say yes. )
The guy I bought my Lexus 100 seats from had been saving them to put in his 40 but decided he wouldn’t get around to it. A quick search on mud seems to indicate all manner of seats being made to fit in 40 series...

rckhound

Rising Sun Member
I need the front seats for my 1976 FJ40 redone, and I would love the work to go to one of us. Please put me down on the list.
Added to the list. If you want to plan on beginning to mid March I think I could do them at that point.

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
This is a really great offer Steve! We are looking at a few lexus rx's. They have heated and cooled seats and I'm not sure if they have airbags in the seats or not. If they do, is that something you would be comfortable working on? Some of the drivers seats are trashed and are a deal breaker for the boss lady. That could change if you can recover them.

rckhound

Rising Sun Member
This is a really great offer Steve! We are looking at a few lexus rx's. They have heated and cooled seats and I'm not sure if they have airbags in the seats or not. If they do, is that something you would be comfortable working on? Some of the drivers seats are trashed and are a deal breaker for the boss lady. That could change if you can recover them.
I really dont want to get into air bags and things when doing the seats. I will do seat heats for people but the more complex it gets the more expensive it will get and the less interested I am in doing it. Mainly I want to do 40 and 60 seats but will accommodate other Yotas. Its just in my free time on nights during the week.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Added to the list. If you want to plan on beginning to mid March I think I could do them at that point.

That's fine, I am in no hurry. I still have to finish getting the tub ready for paint, that may not be until some time this summer. FYI, my contact info is on the club roster.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
That's fine, I am in no hurry. I still have to finish getting the tub ready for paint, that may not be until some time this summer. FYI, my contact info is on the club roster.
You actually going to finish that Olive 40 this year? I mean I know it's cold out, but didn't realize it was that cold... :devilish:

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
You actually going to finish that Olive 40 this year? I mean I know it's cold out, but didn't realize it was that cold... :devilish:

As you know my garage is heated so the weather doesn't matter. And I always have an endless series of projects, for example over the past year I have finished and installed 5 new interior doors (not just hung the doors, but removed the old frames and installed new ones) and completely remodeled a bedroom, which included repairing the holes in the walls, repainting, tearing out the old floor and installing and finishing new hardwood and trim. I have been working on my middle granddaughter's dollhouse every night since the middle of November, it is almost done, just finishing up the shingles. After that I have two custom shelving/cabinet units to build, finish and install, then attention (assuming no unexpected interruptions) I can turn my attention to finishing Olive. Once she's reassembled, it will free up a ton of room in the garage.

The biggest problem has always seemed higher priority projects have pushed finishing that rig down the list, but I hope to have her running and driving by the end of this year.

rckhound

Rising Sun Member
This afternoon I liberated my 1976 FJ40 seats from under the pile of other stuff they were hiding in so they're ready to go.
Jeff I am ready for another set. We are waiting on foam still for the BMW seats. Do you have the seat covers and foam ready?

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I don't have foam or covers, should I order that in from SOR?
Hi Jeff, I just got a set from SOR for my 69. The covers look like really nice quality. Be prepared to get gouged on shipping though.

rckhound

Rising Sun Member
I don't have foam or covers, should I order that in from SOR?
Last couple I have done I have used SOR for foam and Cruiser Corps for the seat covers. Saves you about $100. Seat covers seem like very nice quality. Also make sure to grab some hog rings. I do not restore the paint or condition of the seat frames or backing, so if you would like to do that then make sure you complete it before you bring me/I pick up your stuff. Jeff feel free to call me. 303.915.9528 I am running back and forth a lot right now moving my trucks from Boulder so I maybe able to pick them up.

Last edited:

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
I just checked SOR and it appears that they do not have the foam for the backs, just the bottoms. Is this because the back foam doesn't get worn out like the bottom foam and can be reused? FYI, their kit which includes bottom foams, bottom covers and back covers also includes the hog rings. As far as finish, years ago I had removed the seat back and bottoms from the frames, and sand blasted the frames to white metal, so these are basically "loose".

And yeah Martin, $OR has had a reputation for charging the highest shipping of just about any Land Cruiser vendor for decades. But they've got what you need and they know it. Trivia: Marv and I (separately) both appeared in the documentary "Legendary Land Cruisers". Kay's always been a generous donor to the Cruise Moab raffle too.

rckhound

Rising Sun Member
Yeah I couldnt find the back foams on the last one I did either that was a 77. Must be that the rear foam doesnt wear out as much? Jeff give me a call and we can chat. Thanks, Steve.