• UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO FORECAST OF RAIN: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

⦿ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Sold my Friend is selling her '87 4runner - $7k

floating_lc

Lifted
Not mine, but my friend's in Gold hill/Boulder - lmk if anyone wants an intro. If you're serious I'm happy to go look at it for you they're just up the road from me ;)

From her post:
View: https://www.instagram.com/p/C5yrmLtxmBg/

"It’s not a pristine truck, but you can drive it while you project it. It hasn’t been messed with much and it’s in better shape than most people I know from 1987, tbh. It has 250k, 22re has been rebuilt. If you are GENUINELY interested, send me a message and I’ll send you a complete list of what has been replaced and what is original. I would love to get 7k. I want a horse and the taco wants a regear."

Screen Shot 2024-04-15 at 1.42.27 PM.png

Last edited:

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Not mine, but my friend's in Gold hill/Boulder - lmk if anyone wants an intro. If you're serious I'm happy to go look at it for you they're just up the road from me ;)

From her post:
View: https://www.instagram.com/p/C5yrmLtxmBg/

"It’s not a pristine truck, but you can drive it while you project it. It hasn’t been messed with much and it’s in better shape than most people I know from 1987, tbh. It has 250k, 22re has been rebuilt. If you are GENUINELY interested, send me a message and I’ll send you a complete list of what has been replaced and what is original. I would love to get 7k. I want a horse and the taco wants a regear."

View attachment 129081

I had the same 4Runner. Same color and stripes! Loved that truck.
Wish i was in a spot to buy it

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Drat it's IFS ><

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Drat it's IFS ><
LOL, you have IFS now and that hasn't held you back, has it? A few key mods and the 86-95 IFS can be made very stout.

If it was factory solid axle it would be leaf springs. It's seemed to me as disadvantage in some ways since a linked SFA on coils is the way to go when you push it harder and so you end up cutting and welding either way.

This looks like a solid truck, the top comes off. Cool stripes...

Not sure I'd like seeing such a clean survivor get hacked but how neat would this be as a sleeper with a 3.4L and an e-locker? If only you knew where to find a wrecked truck with a good drivetrain with a known history.

Last edited: