• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Moving back to Denver

maxpowerzz

Trail Ready
We just moved from North East Denver/Park Hill to Golden two months ago for more space. The market is crazy, it's the 2nd most competitive in the nation right now. Homes are selling the weekend they are listed, even with covid. We listed our home and received multiple offers above asking the first day. We had to make multiple offers on homes, one we loved and thought was fairly priced went $100k over asking and a cash offer. It's super competitive in the $450-750k range, which is absolutely bananas. Denver metro's average home price just hit $640k.

We ended up in Golden and love it. We're technically in unincorporated Jefferson County, Applewood, which is pretty close to Stevinson Toyota (I can finally make it to club meetings now!). Schools are great and we're only 15 minutes from downtown and closer to the mountains and close freeway access. We got way more bang for our buck out here compared to Park Hill, and significantly more space for the same price. We have a teenager and considered Cherry Creek as they have the best schools in the area, but the commute was a killer to downtown, though you're close to DTC. I feel like traffic is worse even in just the last couple of years.

Justin and Kristen Andersen were our realtors and were absolutely amazing, zero hesitations using them. They live in the Cherry Creek school district in Centennial and know the area intimately, but also do a lot in Parker and know the area well. Those seem to be best areas for families, we just wanted to be closer to the city since we both work downtown. We also lived near Stapleton and they have great schools and are a good commute with tons of families, you'll see throngs of kids in the many parks and green spaces they have. But the lots are microscopic and barely any room to work on cruisers.

Justin and Kristen Andersen, https://www.metrobrokersonline.com/agents/Justin.Andersen

Good luck with the move!

Last edited:

OilHammer

Hard Core 4+
As others have stated, the market turned even more insane than it has been over the last TWO years, let alone four. I thought for sure I had missed the peak when I didn't sell in the summer of 2019, then this summer saw prices go up about another $100k where I live in wash park. ITS NUTS! I'm rapidly closing up some maintenance items to sell, and so I've been looking for several months now. Inventory is not only expensive, but it's gone in a weekend to cash buyers and frequently bid up with no concessions. (my wife is an agent so we watch all the contract extras too that zillow won't show you). It's downright the hottest I've ever seen it for some areas and absolute garbage is selling at ridiculous prices. Part of me is tempted to just sell and go rent somewhere for a year and see what happens. I'm blessed at the moment to have zero commute, and there's no indication that is going to change for most of 2021. As rabid as it seems, it feels a lot like a bubble....though all the industry tells me it's not.