• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Moab trail kisses

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Figured we need to show off the bruises. I faired very well and am happy to report that all the Antique Sage Pearl paint is still on the body! The armor did it's job well (thanks Christo!) and the only trophies I have are....

From crosssing the crack at the wide gap....

no fricken idea what I backed into....most likely a tree somewhere....

Attachments

• bent-tow-point.jpg
    bent-tow-point.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 430
  • plate-carnage.jpg
    plate-carnage.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 442

Beater

Hard Core 4+
I am sure it will buff out.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
My damage report

First up, a similar hit to the front where a d-ring would attach. Doesn't look bad because I already straightened it with a sledge hammer.
farr-damage-01.jpg

Next up, the bottom of the ARB bumper took a big hit. The weird thing is that I have no idea when I did this. I guess I shoulda bought a Slee bumper -- these ARB bumpers are bendable. I think I will need to remove the bumper to get the proper angle to pound this out, unless anyone has other ideas.
farr-damage-02.jpg

The worst damage actually happened in the parking lot after the big dinner on Friday night. I was tired, it was dark, and I was in a hurry to get home to bed -- I had to get up early on Saturday morning to lead Elephant Hill. So I put it in reverse, swung around, and -- CLANG!!! -- I ran smack dab into one of those Bar M parking lot signs. It hit my front driver's door, and it was quite a HUGE dent.

The next day, it popped out when I slammed my door at Devil's Kitchen. It still doesn't look perfect, but it looks WAY better. I was in a much better mood after that. :p:

There were some huge scrapes on the paint, too. I stopped at my local detail shop before I went home on Sunday. They buffed out nicely, and I gave them a ten dollah bill for their fine service. I was racing home at top speed on Sunday, so I could make it to the detail shop before they closed at 5 p.m. Didn't want the :Princess: to get all worked up over a few scrapes!
farr-damage-03.jpg

farr-damage-04.jpg

If I hadn't run into the parking lot sign, I'd consider it a "no" damage Moab trip. Ya gotta figure that your bumpers are gonna get wacked when your driving a BF wagon.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Hulk said:
<snip>

If I hadn't run into the parking lot sign, I'd consider it a "no" damage Moab trip. Ya gotta figure that your bumpers are gonna get wacked when your driving a BF wagon.

That's what the armor is there for! :thumb:

I finally got my driveshaft fixed. Of course that leaves the leaking transfer case and steering knuckle (from driving in front wheel drive all the way back from Moab). Hopefully, theres no internal damage to the transfer case. I'm not even sure where it's leaking from.

Matt

Attachments

• cm06_driveshaft.jpg
    cm06_driveshaft.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 400

IanB

Hulk said:
I think I will need to remove the bumper to get the proper angle to pound this out, unless anyone has other ideas.

Strap it to a big azz tree and back up.

wesintl

RS Moderator
leave it cause it's going to be bent again in the same spot :D

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
IanB said:
Strap it to a big azz tree and back up.

If you use a winch you can get controlled and slow reshaping. More often than not the "pull it out with a BFTree achor" will over correct or twist the bumper in ways you can't control. Winch power straightning works very well! :thumb: :cheers:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
You need to install your "feeler loops."

Attachments

• nak_tires_3.jpg
    nak_tires_3.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:
Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet.
It is possible to dent a Slee front bumper :hill: All one needs to do is stick the fairlead into a big old rock...... :rolleyes: No pics because I was mad but I did have to remove the bumper to pound out the dent and let me tell you it was tough to do. I replaced the fairlead and I am back in the saddle... :Princess:

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I just had a few tree scratches and I get home backing the trailer into the back yard and the wind catches the gate and slams it into the rear molding. Have to work on those gates to prevent that.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member

HFS, it's Cruiserdan!!

My belly armor is still dangling. The funny thing is, it happened on CHICKEN CORNERS for crying out loud!!! Well it was loose before I WENT to Moab... :rolleyes:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Bobzooki said:
My belly armor is still dangling. The funny thing is, it happened on CHICKEN CORNERS for crying out loud!!! Well it was loose before I WENT to Moab... :rolleyes:

There is some serious joke setups there but for some reason I must show restraint.....let someone else have the fun I guess! :lmao:

Rock Dog

Hard Core 4+
Just got back from Poughkeepsie Ny, so i get to attempt to locate the grinding noise that started in Moab. Thought it was in the from the front end, but the noise got worse as i got closer to home, and the hubs were not locked. I then suspected the rear pinion because it got louder on deceleration, but as i got close to home it sounded like it was coming from the middle of the truck... I REALY don't want to pull the Marlin apart!
The great thing about a Toyota is it got me back home instead of stranding me in Moab!!! Gotta love that ! :D :D

Your guy's blemishes are cute :Princess: :lmao:

unavoidable damage on coyote
dent1.JPG

dent2.JPG

stoopid escalator
dent3.JPG

d-shaft rock rash, ledges, um yeah, lots and lots of ledges :D
dent4.JPG

I have started to tap those dents out and they will receive the patented flat black body work. :weld:

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Well, no real damage to speak of. However, on Metal Masher on Saturday my CB mount that I welded onto the rear carrier that IanB welded up for broke off. Talk about reassuring me of my non-welding skills, I ran a 1 inch long bead that broke off and IanB ran about 2.47 miles of TIG welds for me that held up great!

Moral of my story, always mooch the structural stuff! :D

Rezarf <><