Attachments

• IMG_4317.jpeg
    IMG_4317.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
It was another awesome October members Moab trip. Thank you to @Beach Boy for his hospitality and to everyone who was involved.
Thursday @MonPetiteShoe led us through 3D, we had fantastic weather and very little traffic. Friday @RayRay27 led the group up Top of the world. We ran the easier side up and back down as trail traffic was more moderate. Unfortunately, @hitchhiker had some surging issues with his truck early on and made the wise call to turn around. Later on, @gearhead1 broke a valve stem on an loose rock obstacle, so the group helped with a quick tire change. Some of the group had minor body damage and some got IG pics up at the top. Friday evening we all hung out to grill and chill, watching the legions drive south on 191. Saturday, I led the group down to Hey Joe canyon as a send off with trail closure imminent. On the way to Hey Joe, we stopped to observe the eclipse. Once on trail, we got lots of pinstriping from overhanging brush and multiple challenging breakover obstacles that made for slow progress. We only made it 1/2 way through the trail to the mine before turning around to avoid a long last day. Overall, traffic in town was moderate despite the eclipse and the trip was most excellent. pics by Dom and @Yarn Cruiser
:risingsun
DSC_0012.JPG
DSC_0020.JPG
DSC_0039.JPG

DSC_0140.JPG
DSC_0237.JPG
DSC_0299.JPG
DSC_0338.JPG

WVU fan

Rising Sun Member
Top of the world and Hey Joe were definitely more of the GX460 challenging, mentally stimulating, taxing for the full days but fun adventures I have been on in quite awhile. (Just finished using the heat gun to pop my rear, left bumper back to OEM shape & tried out some specialty black paint scratch remover on the pinstripes with moderate luck). Great routes and a great group to hang with for those few days. Thanks to all for teamwork on the rock stacking and restacking, leaders, tail gunners and drivers in between. HUGE thanks to our gracious host and best of luck with your future plans @Beach Boy. We definitely did some damage to all of that food at the group feast Friday night!