Migration

wesintl

RS Moderator
Sorry for not giving prior notice but our host migrated us to new harware. bad news is the downtime. Good news is better hardware and more up to date software on those machines. They have a new control panel interface which is alot better then what they had. They also note that they have a new management team. I'm sure that's what spurred the upgrades and new features. It doesn't mean much to you guys but for upgrading and maintaining out site it's a step forward.

The last piece was the DB. I still got over 5500 emails on db errors between last night at 11 and this morning at 7. I think were still on the old db and need to be migrated to the new DB box. As soon as i hear back that it's good I'll have to change the connection strings to point to the new db if they are not rerouting it on their end. If so it might be a small downtime for that.

Thanks for you patience.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for what your doing. we appreciate it

powderpig

Hard Core 4+
Yes Wes, thanks for the info and all that you are doing. As well as Kipper and Matt. It shows support for us as a club and means a lot to many of us. No worries on how long it takes, it sounds like a vast improvement on what we had. Again, thanks.

wesintl

RS Moderator
After a few days we decided we wouldn't go through this again with our inept host and decided to move. It took a while to get the db from our old host (they had issues migrating our db due to size to their new hardware). This site is on our new host and were looking forward to better service.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I'll have the rest of the site patched up in a couple of days.

Let us know if you see anything missing or acting weird with the forum. We still have access to the old host for a while if we need to go get something we left behind.