Middle St Vrain/Coney Flats run Saturday June 28th.

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
Looking to run these two now that they are open.

Any takers?

Probably will meet at the Home Depot at 29th and Arapahoe at 10:30 am, unless there are strong objections.

60wag

Rising Sun Member
I might in for it, I need to figure out the weekend schedule. That trail is one of my local favorites.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I've never been.
Hmmm. What to do, what to do... my wife is gonna be out doing her own thing. I would have to probably bring the puppies. Or do I finish the 22RE overhaul so I have a daily driver?
:confused:

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
You don't need a daily driver and dogs are always welcome! :D

FWIW, these are beautiful trails, with lots of water. One deep crossing thats only an issue if you are no lift on 28's. Red Chili wouldn't even notice.

Usually we stop for lunch at that crossing. Got to be one of the more scenic lunch spots.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Hm...I might be in.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Ike, are you in sales?
:lmao:
Gonna hafta think on this one. The Argentine cleanup is mucho important, but Sundays are rough for me most weekends.

My wife tells me that Ty threw up on one of her car short trips. Several times. He hasn't for me. I might find out if he gets carsick... :eek:

Meeting at 10:30 might actually let me start to paint the south side of the garage before it gets hot... hmmm...

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
Missed it by a week - damn.....

rover67

Rising Sun Member
i may be interested in going..

i was thinking about camping up near georgetown sat night and doing the Argentine trail cleanup too, but i have to wait and see what "everybody else" wants to do. I'll try and figure it out tonight.

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
Sunday's are not good for me either, unfortunately.

These trails don't take too long, but at that start you'd be looking at being back to denver around 4-5, i would guess. (don't quote me on that, stuck ATV's can hose your time table, got the first hand on that one)

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
i may be interested in going..

i was thinking about camping up near georgetown sat night and doing the Argentine trail cleanup too, but i have to wait and see what "everybody else" wants to do. I'll try and figure it out tonight.
Do Argentine if you can, the club needs to have a good presence there!

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Marco, I may be planning on doing both, maybe we could find a campsite somewhere Saturday night as we're coming back?

Looking to run these two now that they are open.

Any takers?

Probably will meet at the Home Depot at 29th and Arapahoe at 10:30 am, unless there are strong objections.

I might meet whoever is going Isaac, there at Camp Dick. What time do you all expect to get there? After 11AM? I love those two trails.

I have to check with the :Princess: tho...

rover67

Rising Sun Member
I'd love to do both but the other folks in the truck want to do a 14'er on sunday. Let me see if I can convince them otherwise. Either way I'd like to do this run. Not that I don't want to head up Argentine Pass there are just more votes than mine in the family. maybe i can convince them to not to the 14'er on sunday and we can do both runs. Matt, shoot me an email or give me a ring when you get a chance.

marco.capote@medtronic.com

TTYL
-Marco

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
Fj40zen (sorry, don't know your name!), I would say 11 is too early. I've never had a trail run where everyone who said they were going was there at exactly the meeting time. Plus, its more than a half hour there from Boulder.

I'm going to do my best to have everyone on the road by 10:45. So, we should make it up there by 11:30.

Lets plan on 11:30 at Camp Dick, with the possibility of waiting on either side.

This is going to be fun!

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
Bill,

I wanted to mention one thing though. TRR usually does a great job making sure the trail is clear and the like, but there are still one or two places that the brush may be a wee bit tight. I don't recall anything that was full on paint scratching, but then again, I tend not to pay attention unless its going to leave a scratch, not just pin striping.

Apologies for not thinking of that sooner, I was not thinking about it.

Anyway, your call, just wanted you to be fully informed.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
:lmao:
Won't be the first scratch.

Looks like me and the puppies are a go for Saturday. If I don't show, it's because one or both had a gastric reaction to riding in the Chili. :eek:

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
So far looks like Bill and Marco are definte gos

Matt, and 60wag are possibles.

FJ40zen is meeting us at the trail head.

Correct?

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Well, being the decisive type... not... I better bail. My lovely bride gave me some good feedback; for this to be the puppies' first 4x4 trip, it might just train them to be pretty unexcited about it.

Huh. I wonder why she would put it like that? :confused: :lmao:

They will probably spend much of the day in their kennels in the truck. Probably not a good plan.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
yep, i'm a go. do you have passenger in your truck?

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
Well, being the decisive type... not... I better bail. My lovely bride gave me some good feedback; for this to be the puppies' first 4x4 trip, it might just train them to be pretty unexcited about it.

Huh. I wonder why she would put it like that? :confused: :lmao:

They will probably spend much of the day in their kennels in the truck. Probably not a good plan.

Bummer.

Better safe than sorry though!

We'll have to catch you next time.