Metberry Gulch 11-17-07

Awesome day in Colorado as usual!!

We had an awesome turnout.

The trail was a blast. Just enough of a challenge to make it interesting for me in the stocker. Makes me realize that I really, really need some more aggressive tires for the trail. I spent a lot of time spinning tires.

Thanks to the guys from Rising sun, and the guys from Redline Motorsports (check out the threads on their cages if you haven't yet) for coming out to join us.

Here are a few pics. I have 97 total, but won't have em uploaded tonight.

Metberry11-17033.jpg

Metberry11-17038.jpg

Metberry11-17060.jpg

Metberry11-17063.jpg

Metberry11-17076.jpg

Metberry11-17084.jpg

Metberry11-17088.jpg

Metberry11-17095.jpg

:frown:
Metberry11-17097.jpg

subzali

Hard Core 4+
We were wondering if anybody got evidence of the 40 going on the trailer. Only real carnage today was before we even got to the trail. The guy in my apartment complex decided to drive his '78 40 instead of his LX450 and his water pump siezed, the fan flexed into the radiator, and he had to get his rig towed home. I just want to :clap: for the guys from the CLC, and especially Don, for stepping up and offering to drive him home to Lakewood, even though we were in Divide and Don lives in Pueblo!

Thanks again, my hat is off to you sir...

I had a blast today, cannot wait until Hackett and Longwater open up.

Last edited:

nanuk

I told Ruben (the one that with the Cruiser on my trailer) that he should get with some of the Rising Sun people for parts and contact info on who could help get his Cruiser going.

He is going to need a radiator, water pump, fan and hopefully nothing else. I know I will have a radiator, and maybe the pump if no one else can find one. (78 2f)

I told him that was one of the best things about being in a club was the parts & technical contacts, friendship, wheeling and just being with other Cruiser Heads. So hopefully Rising Sun will have a new member soon.

Thanks to you guys for coming down. It was nice to be wheeling again after ALL those years.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
The guy in my apartment complex decided to drive his '78 40 over his LX450 and his water pump siezed, p.

i hope you mean he was driving his 78 40 over TO his lx450, not over his lx450. aaaawwww, what the hell am i saying...i hope he was driving over the lx450 :lmao:

Nay

Hard Core 4+
It is unreal to see the fire damage after all these years. I have always loved these trails, and the nearly bare land, while not surprising, is still a shock to see. I can't wait to run the Hackett/Longwater loop trying to remember what it was vs. the nearly blank slate it must be now.

nanuk

It is unreal to see the fire damage after all these years. I have always loved these trails, and the nearly bare land, while not surprising, is still a shock to see. I can't wait to run the Hackett/Longwater loop trying to remember what it was vs. the nearly blank slate it must be now.

I know what you mean about it being a shock, although it looked different in a good way to some extent I guess.

I had not been to any of the 3 gulches in at least 5 years, probably closer to 10.

Iggy, I told Ruben that you might be one he could try to get with about parts, I couldn't for the life of me remember your screen name, although I did remember your name.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
I know what you mean about it being a shock, although it looked different in a good way to some extent I guess.

I had not been to any of the 3 gulches in at least 5 years, probably closer to 10.

Iggy, I told Ruben that you might be one he could try to get with about parts, I couldn't for the life of me remember your screen name, although I did remember your name.

Ige and Nuclearlemon... :bowdown: :Princess:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Here's a couple of my pics:

Attachments

• HPIM2984.jpg
    HPIM2984.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 367
  • HPIM2996.jpg
    HPIM2996.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,369
  • HPIM3000.jpg
    HPIM3000.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 352
  • HPIM3002.jpg
    HPIM3002.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 362

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Sounds like an awesome time! The pictures are surreal! Those don't look like the same trails as they used to be dense forrest and now new life and burnt twigs are all that you see. By the way Matt....the last picture you posted looks like Captionquest material! :lmao: :thumb::thumb:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
go for it! :D

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Matt....the last picture you posted looks like Captionquest material! :lmao: :thumb::thumb:

Photoshop in a scarf or flag into the guy's hand first though :D

My money is on the built 40 in the middle

nanuk

Sounds like an awesome time! The pictures are surreal! Those don't look like the same trails as they used to be dense forrest and now new life and burnt twigs are all that you see. By the way Matt....the last picture you posted looks like Captionquest material! :lmao: :thumb::thumb:

I know there was a dog and a football involved that can not be seen in the pic.