March BRDOHV meeting

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I need a used drill pipe supplier, if anyone knows of one. Also, I need an alternate to attend this meeting day after tomorrow- anyone able to?
All,

The March meeting will be Thursday the 23rd at 5:00pm at the Boulder Ranger District Office, 2140 Yarmouth Ave, Boulder, 303-541-2500.

Below is the agenda for the meeting.

------------------------

Mission/Direction:

To coordinate and implement volunteer projects on the Boulder Ranger District related to the maintenance of OHV recreation.

Education - Restoration - Information Test for projects: is it signing? erosion control? restoration?

keeping the public on the route? education? re-establishing closures of previous decisions?

------------------------

Agenda:

1) Schedule Next Meeting - All

2) 2005 grants

319 Grant for Lefthand, update (Colleen)

3) 4WD Road Signing project - Adam

Adopt-A-Road agreement for Miller Rock, status.

Adopt-A-Road agreement for Lefthand, status.

Update on maps for Peewink and Comforter Mtn., Gordon, Fairwell, and Bear Gulch.

Jumbo Mountain access. Talk with Mike Johnson. (JD)

4) Motorized Trail Signing project - JD

Motorized trail system routes list needed.

5) Lefthand Travel Planning update - Brian/Cat Update on Lefthand Travel EA final, out in March?

6) Yankee Doodle Lake - Bill/Roz/Valerie Progress on mud bog project preparations.

7) Gillespie Gulch - Colleen/Greg/John

Status on mine owners proposal to put a gate at the north entrance.

8) National Forest Funding - Roz

Status of COHVCO, CMC, others on Congressional funding.

9) Status of Overland Fire Closure - ?

Plan field trip to area with FS.

10) Lefthand Cleanup - Adam

Lefthand Cleanup to be May 7th. Need volunteer agreement from FS.

11) Shooting NEPA EA- ?

Status of when public scoping will begin.

Any new issues or concerns to work on, or Forest Service projects related to Boulder Ranger District motorized recreation. - All

Boulder Ranger District projects list are online at
http://www.fs.fed.us/r2/arnf/projects/

---------------------------------------------

On Hold 2006:

1) Restoration Projects on Park Creek, Bald Mountain description of work for Categorical Exclusion.

2) BRD Transportation Inventory Grant

3) Sugarloaf Single Track

---------------------------------------------

Last Meeting:

2) 2005 grant proposals - All

319 Grant for Lefthand status (Colleen)- funded, working on second phase of process.

3) 4WD Road Signing project - Adam

Adopt-A-Road agreement for Miller Rock, being reviewed.

Adopt-A-Road agreement for Lefthand Canyon, turned in to FS.

Presented maps of Peewink and Comforter Mtn, Gordon, Fairwell, and Bear Gulch for possible 2006 signing projects.

4) Motorized Trail Signing project - JD

Cat is working on list of motorized trails that are system routes.

5) Lefthand Travel Planning update - Brian/Cat May be out in mid March.

6) Yankee Doodle Lake - Bill/Roz/Valerie Mud bog project near Jenny Lake being designed.

8) Gillespie Gulch - Colleen/Greg/John

Black Rose mine owners are working with lower property owners to close Gillespie at its north entrance (on private property, no easement).

9) National Forest Funding - Roz

Proposal to increase Colorado recreation funding for forests.

10) Overland Fire Closure -

FS has extended it for 2 years. Proposed field trip to area.

11) Roadless Review - Adam

Has FS map available.

12) Lefthand Cleanup - Adam

To be May 7th, 9:00am.

Adam Mehlberg 3jeeps@cohvco.org 3jeeps@frii.com Trailridge Runners 4WD Club Secretary

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
That's great, Brian! The most important thing is finding a used drill pipe supplier, and estimating cost. I am shakin' the tree trying to find this info, with no luck so far. I would like our club to continue in our 'can do', 'gitterdun' style and when we surmount this obstacle it's a pretty clear path beyond.

BRD is kinda hamstrung (and frustrated too I might add, though they do have to toe the line publicly) by policy, approvals, legal maneuvering, etc. Our ability to simply do it really helps them out and it is greatly appreciated by them, and by all the members of the OHV committee!

A real opportunity to impress a diverse group with our abilities and value as team players!

Seldom Seen

Hard Core 4+
Right On :thumb:

Is it a fair assumption that we are trying to secure a donation of drill pipe 1st, then purchase used if necessary ??

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
d00d, if you can secure donated pipe by all means DO SO! Even a cut rate would be a godsend.

That being unlikely, if we can find a price per foot and time to deliver, then Brian Rasmussen with BRD will give us an estimate of feet required for their design, we add maybe 20%, and I will present it to the club as an expenditure of funds already approved for the project.

I'd love to know by the meeting tonight but probably won't. I still have folks in RRMMC trying to find out where Scott Dolus got the stuff for Rampart.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Breakthrough! I have the supplier information from Rampart Range Motorcycle Management Committee. We get so much more done by working together!