Make your reservations for the Campground

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I am supposed to be posting this on Mud and thought I should post here as well.

Although you will not be able to register for the event for a month, we wanted you to know where the campsite is. We will be back at Slickrock Campground http://www.slickrockcampground.com/

We have an area of campsites we have asked them to reserve for us so that we do not get intermingled with families. We expect to overflow our reserved area.

Call them and make your reservation and tell them you're with Cruise Moab

Also, if you have been to Moab before and feel confident in leading trails, please visit our forum. Trail leaders will get priority on trail assignments. Please only volunteer if you feel capable and have experience leading trails with groups of 20 people. See the following link http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=2300

The reserved part of the campsite is shown in the below graphic

Attachments

• attachment.gif
    attachment.gif
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,544
Last edited by a moderator:

isotel

sweet.. i cant wait for this event!
Whats the story on these sites? can 2 people share a site, ect.. (it will be just me and my tent, so i dont think i need a whole site)

last time i was in moab we took showers at this campground and its a pretty nice spot!

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I think they base their rates on the presumption that 2 people will share one site.. either a cabin, tent, camper, etc. So same cost if you're alone or you bring a date with you. I suspect you could probably share that with someone else too.. when you call to reserve ask Missy what the deal is, then post up so others will know too, thanks!

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Cool, is Rising Sun going to stay together?

bigbluefj

Honorary Canuck Member
camp site??

so why the change in the camp site????

kevin

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
we can stay together. Some are in the cabins. Dave Brown is in front of the cabins and a few of us are behind the cabins.

Different campsite is to fit everyone at one site rather than being spread around.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
The cottonwoods are not so bad in the cabins... so I got a cabin for me and the mrs.

WooHoo, she is actually coming this year!

Maybe to make sure I don't do the bumper ballerina act again.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Just reserved a tent campsite online. :camping: :beer2:

They are closed for the season so no telephone reservations are possible right now. I'll post up which site I get when they confirm.

Woo Hoo Hoo!!! I am booked into spot 162, with the Big 10' X 20' Condo Tent. Arriving Tuesday, 5/1 through Sunday 5/6.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
So who all has made reservations? Talking with Dan the other day and would like to see who all is up for camping together, you know, having the club together for there event..... I'm planning on heading out the 27th, unless $$ says otherwise.

Beater

Hard Core 4+
I am still looking for someone to share an rv site with for tenting

j

bigbluefj

Honorary Canuck Member
i'm in at slick rock

just got the call to night from missy conferming my rv site at the slickrock camp ground time to get to work than..

kevin

Attachments

• IMG00010_edited.JPG
    IMG00010_edited.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 334

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
I am still looking for someone to share an rv site with for tenting

j

How big are the RV/pop-up sites? I got the impression from Missy that you can fit the RV/pop-up and one vehicle at most per site. Never having been there though...I was hoping to fit the pop-up and two vehicles on one site but Missy stated the second vehicle will have to be parked in the 'over flow' parking lot :confused:

bigbluefj

Honorary Canuck Member
slickrock space

i know from two years ago they said if you colud not fit your whole unit in the spot you would have to put the trailers in the over flow spot i know one fellow that kept pulling his truck up on the trailer when he got back from the trail i hope there's space i have a small trailer and anyway i think it should fit wait and see i guess...

kevin

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Is there parking at the tent sites? Or would it make more sense to pay for an RV site to have your vehicle close by? Haven't been able to figure this out. I already reserved a tent site, but If I have to park away from it, that would be a pain. Since I will be driving my 40 there, all I will have is one stubby vehicle and a tent so I could potentially split an RV site with someone else in the same situation, right?

:beer:

Beater

Hard Core 4+
i'd be down with that, providing that you don't drink alllll my liquor.. are the rv sites just pull in, or can you drive out from either side?

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
i'd be down with that, providing that you don't drink alllll my liquor.. are the rv sites just pull in, or can you drive out from either side?

In my correspondence with Missy my understading is that all of the 'RV' sites are either pull-in or back-in sites and marked as such on the map with either an arrow or a 'B' or 'P', if that makes sense. She stated that non of the sites are considered "pull thru". I didn't press for more information but it seemed to me that a pull in site would be akin to a pull thru otherwise how would you get the tow rig out once you disconnected :rolleyes: I tried looking at the pics on the Slickrock Campground website but they weren't conclusive.

I was thinking that the reason a person would need to specify one over the other might be determined by which side your entrance door is on (if that even varies)?

Anyway, hope I didn't confuse the issue even more :hill:.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member

Attachments

• IMG_1764.JPG
    IMG_1764.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 263