Looking to build a Power tank and multi-hose setup

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
Does anyone know what is needed and where to get the hardware to build a tank and hose set up for airing up tires? My brother is building up his f350 and it calls for 80 psi in the tires. He wants to air down but doesn't want to spend an hour airing back up after a long weekend and just wanting to get home as soon as possible. He is also open to buying a used tank and multi hose setup if available. He has an RTT and rolls pretty heavy with too much "just in case" stuff.
He is considering using two harbor freight high flow pumps and making a two tire hose system as an alternative to a pressure tank.

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
Seems like powertanks come up used pretty often now that 12v compressors are getting so much better. The cost of constant refills drove me to get a Thor's Lighting compressor last fall. Don't have a ton of time with it yet but so far I'm happy. Little slower but no more $28 refills after evey wheeling trip. 80 psi HWY pressure is going to work a compressor though.

Last edited:

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
80PSI?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!
Even when i had my F250 and Excursion i never ran 80PSI...
I have a 20lbs tank that i swap at General Air with an amazon regulator and hose.
I can usually fill my 37's from 10ish to 30ish 6 or more times..... i always forget to keep count.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Also i can fill my tires almost as fast with a single hose as others can with the 4 hose system.

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
80PSI?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!
I mentioned that they must be considering a loaded rear axle with thay psi. It calls for 80 on the rear and 60 on the front. He aired them all down to 60 psi for unloaded use. I doubt he will run them at full psi once he starts putting miles on it unless he really loads it down with a heavy trailer. It is unlikely he will have a goose neck attached to fully load the rear.

ScaldedDog

Hard Core 4+
The other nice thing about using a single hose, in addition to cost and simplicity, is that it gives you a few seconds at each corner to look around the wheel wells and under the vehicle. That's never a bad idea after wheeling, particularly for a street-driven rig.

Mark