looking for FJ 62 steering box

powderpig

Hard Core 4+
As above, looking for a used cheap fj 62 steering box to send off and have rebuilt.
Post up or pm if you have something.
Thanks Robbie

RicardoJM

Hard Core 4+
I stopped by to look at the grey 60 series in this post. Turns out it is a 62 and as I recall the steering was there. You can give them a call to see what it would cost.

I think I still have the one that I blew the seals on in my garage. I'll check tomorrow if you're still looking

powderpig

Hard Core 4+
TJ, Andrew Pollack reccommended West Texas offroad.
http://westtexasoffroad.homestead.com
I checked the prices for a rebuild on line at 140.00 plus shipping back and forth.
Anyhow I have not used them yet and It would take me several hours to rebuild a pump and then the kit is fairly expensive(like close to 100 bucks).
Anyhow, Turtle60. Yes I am still looking. Wanted to give a member the money or deal over a yard if I could.
Thanks Robbie

Kipper

Hard Core 4+
I might have one for you Robbie, I'll try to get out there tonight and see if it's a 62 or 60 box. I piled up a few of them for my FJ40 project and won't need the spare.

Kipper

Hard Core 4+
Yep, I have one, i'll send you a pm with contact info.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
I might have one for you Robbie, I'll try to get out there tonight and see if it's a 62 or 60 box. I piled up a few of them for my FJ40 project and won't need the spare.

I think I might know where they all came from! ;)

powderpig

Hard Core 4+
Yes from UB spare parts and a the old long grain truck.
I will work out the details. Thanks Kipper and UB (distant past, fading from memory)