• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Looking for a reputable media blaster person/company & maybe a painter?

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
I need to have the powder coat on the 5th gens rock sliders blasted & painted.
They've been powder coated for at least 4 years, saved me from the collision with the Hyundai & many, many, many, rocks. They are definitely beat & the blistering under the powder has gotten bad over this last winter season.
I'll never powder coat sliders ever again. Lesson learned.

Depending on cost of having them painted, I might end up doing that part myself. But I'd need them blasted first.

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
I definitely need a water trap for our air compressor if I were to attempt this. But TBH. I don't know where I'd be able to set up an area to blast something this large. Definitely not inside the shop. Recommendations on how to set up a temporary sand pit?! 🤣
I'll mull this over ...

I think I'm still looking for recommendations to take them somewhere though.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant

RossM

Rising Sun Member
A-1 Metal Stripping at 44th an McIntyre in Golden can blast them for you. They are fair in price and do a great job. 303-279-1934 John or Richard will take good care of you.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
I wouldn’t blast them myself it’s a miserable job. I’ve used blast tech in Denver they do good work and work with a powder coater for the simple colors so they’ll handle the transfer after blasting. That being said premium powder coating in Longmont will blast and powder also and certainly is a high quality outfit but you’ll pay for it.

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
I wouldn’t blast them myself it’s a miserable job. I’ve used blast tech in Denver they do good work and work with a powder coater for the simple colors so they’ll handle the transfer after blasting. That being said premium powder coating in Longmont will blast and powder also and certainly is a high quality outfit but you’ll pay for it.
Thanks for the recommendation. I won't be powder coating sliders again. I have them color matched for the voodoo blue. But the damage that sliders take, I'd rather just touch up paint going forward.

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
We use Blast Tech. They do good work.

I’d definitely paint two coats with a good primer and then two coats of color.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
I definitely need a water trap for our air compressor if I were to attempt this. But TBH. I don't know where I'd be able to set up an area to blast something this large. Definitely not inside the shop. Recommendations on how to set up a temporary sand pit?! 🤣
I'll mull this over ...

I think I'm still looking for recommendations to take them somewhere though.

A water trap is essential for any air compressor setup (as is a lube setup for air tools), but it is easy and inexpensive. I sandblast in my driveway in front of my garage. Obviously weather cooperating, warm dry weather is the best.