• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Local Exhaust installer?

that'swhatshesaid

Rising Sun Member
Looks like Magda needs some love sooner than later. Who do you recommend north of Denver is preferred but can travel.
IMG_8640.jpeg

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
I've been using OK Auto in Evergreen for decades on all of my Land Cruisers, but they might not be your closest option. They do high quality work though. When I got a new muffler for my FJ45 a couple years ago, their aftermarket unit was nearly identical to OEM!

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
BDM Performance Exhaust off of 6th and Federal is a legit shop. I just had my 94 80 in for some service. No appointment needed when I called. Got it in and fixed in the same day. Their shop looks like my grandma's old house but hey, don't judge a book by its cover.

Last edited:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
AA Performance Muffler & Brakes
3898 S Broadway, Englewood, CO 80113
Phone: (303) 806-8634

Feel free to tell them that Matt Farr with the black 80-series Land Cruiser sent you. They will take care of you right!

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
I had Scott at AA install a flowmaster muffler and delete the resonator. It’s louder but not annoying.

…doesn’t go any faster 😅

chaos

Rising Sun Member
Last week, Scott at AA Muffler did 2, yes 2 Y pipes on 80 series. My neighbor has a 95, and my 97 Y pipe basically disintegrated. Highly recommend Scott and team!

pmccumber

Hard Core 4+

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I had Scott at AA install a flowmaster muffler and delete the resonator. It’s louder but not annoying.

…doesn’t go any faster 😅

I went the opposite: all new Toyota muffler and resonator. I'm half deaf so I don't need any extra noise that interferes with my ability to hear my passenger (usually @Mrs Hulk).

C.Gerdo

Rock Stacker
You can get a bolt on “replacement” muffler and pipes from Walker exhaust. That is what I did and it bolts straight up. I got the quiet muffler, I don’t need the noise. Amazon even sells them.

Doughboy

Rising Sun Member
Another vote for AA. Had them do my exhaust on the 81 before I straight piped it. Also had them remove 3 of the 5 mufflers on my century.

that'swhatshesaid

Rising Sun Member
Thanks all for your recommendations! Magda got her new pooper pipe today with Boulder Muffler. Didn’t need to do much after all as shes looking healthy in her under parts. Decided to delete her resonator and call it a day. $180 out the door. No noticeable difference in sound.

Attachments

• IMG_8899.jpeg
    IMG_8899.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 4