Live from CM 2010

BryanF

Had a blast. It was worth the trip to watch Perry in the washes on Wipe Out hill trail. Can't wait for his pics. We tore down sat. after wipe out and headed East. When we came across Vail about 10:30 sat night I was feeling for the rumble strip the snow was so fast. Pretty spooky for a guy from 400feet. Think I might have had a hallucination or 2 somewhere in Kansas. Made it back in 20:15, 1296 miles from BFE to home.

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
My friend Dan and I had a great time. We left at 7:30 am Sunday and missed the real snow and stuff on the passes.

In 4 days of wheelin’ we ran – Hells Revenge (including the Gate) and Behind the Rocks, Cliff hanger and BFE night run, AREA BFE difficult and Metal Masher and the Golden Spike. So the JadeRunner is showing some serious trail scars but no breakage. I have a problem with my front ARB locker shooting fluid out the breather. The front locker was sure nice to have when it worked.

Area BFE was great. I enjoyed wheelln’ the BFE trails. Especially, when you can go all over following various two tracks. But, those trails can beat your rig up with all the loose rocks. It made me want to get back to the Utah slickrock trails that make Moab so unique.

LXBRADY

Hard Core 4+
A reminder

Attachments

• thumb_thisthreadisworthlesswithoutp.gif
    thumb_thisthreadisworthlesswithoutp.gif
    22.9 KB · Views: 1,130

BryanF

Wipe out hill pics

CM2010214.jpg

CM2010189.jpg

CM2010196.jpg

CM2010201.jpg

CM2010204.jpg

CM2010205.jpg

If you were on it Sat. I've probably got a pic. I didn't post them all. let me know if you want a copy

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Can't see the vids from work, but look forward to seeing it tonight. Brian thanks for the great documentation!

I'm always doing Wipeout Hill like that from now on.. I spotted the SWB line and the top of the LWB line, Neil did a great job on spotting the lower section of the LWB line, this is illustrated very well by that first pic of Red Chili above. We had 2 trucks at a time on that obstacle, I think we got all 18 down in about 25 minutes, once the mad house of the Jeeps, other vehicles, ATV's, motorcycles, and golf carts subsided.. :rolleyes:

I have never seen wipeout hill that busy!! Oddly enough as soon as we broke not a single vehicle went by.... You guys at the front of the pack missed the awesome repair party we had with Perry! We had tarps ready this time, no repeats of last year in the rain! :)

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
About ready for bed, but thought i'd share some of the fun we had during the week. Again, will go through the rest this week:cheers:

attachment.php

:beer::beer:

:cool: Good times..... Glad you made it home.

Can't wait to see the rest of the pics (Perry's and everyone else's).

The one thing we felt could seriously damage the BFE event was the weather, and I'll be damned if that wasn't the coldest, wettest, windiest, and snowiest Moab I've ever seen that time of year. But despite the weather, I didn't talk to one person that wasn't smiling and having a blast the whole time.

CardinalFJ60

Rising Sun Member
one of my favorites from Wipeout Hill

Wow. this was my first CM. I'm blown away with this incredible event. I took about 600 pics and going through them now. Here's one of my favorites from the lunch spot on Wipeout Hill.

"hmmmmm....if stare at this hard enough, maybe it'll fly into my mouth"

Attachments

• D3H_7668.jpg
    D3H_7668.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,059

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I have never seen wipeout hill that busy!! Oddly enough as soon as we broke not a single vehicle went by.... You guys at the front of the pack missed the awesome repair party we had with Perry! We had tarps ready this time, no repeats of last year in the rain! :)

Kim was great to run a couple trails with you again, and thank you again for showing those boys in their 40's how to roll down that roller coaster on BTR.. :D

wow what a trip, I'll get a few pictures up tonight, but I haven't even unpacked yet.

edit: and that's a keeper Shawn, send us the high res file please! :)

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
...We had tarps ready this time, no repeats of last year in the rain! :)
"Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice..."

Yep, when the wind came up and the sky darkened, hard won experience made the call. Which turned out to not be needed, but it was nice with the sun that followed.

ScaldedDog

Hard Core 4+
I didn't take many, but here are a few.

The first one Woody took of me on Pritchett. It's the kind of day I had...

attachment.php

High Dive/Upchuck (BTR)

ND2h_11099.jpg

ND2h_11103.jpg

ND2h_11106.jpg

This guy ate his seatcover...
ND2h_11124.jpg

ND2h_11153.jpg

ND2h_11159.jpg

ND2h_11167.jpg

ND2h_11169.jpg

ND2h_11182.jpg

ND2h_11185.jpg

Brook's way-cool buggy. He made this...
ND2h_11191.jpg

Jeremy going up High Dive
ND2h_11196.jpg

Mark

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I didn't take many, but here are a few.

The first one Woody took of me on Pritchett. It's the kind of day I had...

attachment.php
Cool shot. I thought you didn't like tippy??!?
:lmao:
Quite the feat with them darn axles.

J Kimmel

Hard Core 4+
I forgot I had my camera until the last day...here are a few I took from Moab Rim. That was the first time I ran that trail and it was a good time. I stood my truck on its nose coming off of Devils Crack I think it is...still not sure how but aside from some electrical issues we all had fun :)

Attachments

• P1010360.jpg
    P1010360.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 1,068
  • P1010373.jpg
    P1010373.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 1,087
  • P1010390.jpg
    P1010390.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 1,080
  • P1010367.jpg
    P1010367.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 1,076
  • P1010363.jpg
    P1010363.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 1,073

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Had a blast. It was worth the trip to watch Perry in the washes on Wipe Out hill trail. Can't wait for his pics. We tore down sat. after wipe out and headed East. When we came across Vail about 10:30 sat night I was feeling for the rumble strip the snow was so fast. Pretty spooky for a guy from 400feet. Think I might have had a hallucination or 2 somewhere in Kansas. Made it back in 20:15, 1296 miles from BFE to home.

Glad you enjoyed that as much as I did. Bummed though that I couldnt go back to the wash at the begining of the trail. Now that's fun!:D. Start working on pics tonight.

Wow. this was my first CM. I'm blown away with this incredible event. I took about 600 pics and going through them now. Here's one of my favorites from the lunch spot on Wipeout Hill.

Shawn, that is awesome!:cool:

subzali

Hard Core 4+

That's a funny pic Shawn :lmao:

What did you drive out there? The 60 or the 40?

ScaldedDog

Hard Core 4+
Cool shot. I thought you didn't like tippy??!?
:lmao:
Quite the feat with them darn axles.

I don't. At all. It's why I have them darn axles. :D As I've been known to tell my kid, "when you screw up, you suffer". Actually, this was kind of a freebie, since I'm resting on the slider. Just to salvage some bit of pride here, I was able to back out of this and move my right a bit to get up this thing. On the downside, this was a BYPASS (to Rock Pile).

...says the guy who didn't pull cable all day :) rain, snow, it didn't matter.

great running all three days with you!

You, too, man!! I really appreciated your's and Brook's help. It took me a couple of days to get my wheelin' legs under me. :D

Mark

rover67

Rising Sun Member

That's a really cool shot man...