Link to the Home Page

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Hey Kipper,

Should the RS logo in the upper left corner point a person back to the RS home page? It did on the old forum. :confused:

Kipper

Hard Core 4+
Yes, it should. Thanks for adding it to the list.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Better idea?

I actually like the RS logo going to the main page of the forum. Seems more useful, since the rest of the RS web site is pretty much never-changing. Could we just add a small text link somewhere to go to the Rising Sun Home Page, and leave the logo as is?

wesintl

RS Moderator
I think it wouild be nice if the logo went back to our main page. Right under the logo you can click the Rising Sun Member Forums in the upper task bar if you want to go back to the main page. I don't mind either way as long as we have an easy way to get to our main page. For example if a new member clicks our forum link off mud they are stuck in the forum... food for thought. :cool:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
OK, you're probably right. I just don't find the rest of our site to be much use, except for the CM page, and that's only every once in a while.

Could we put a banner ad at the top of our forum for our own Cruise Moab shirts? We could use the same banner that we're running on TLCA.org right now.

Last edited:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Banner ad

Here's the banner that I thought we could display at the top of our pages:

Attachments

• CruiseMoab2005-728x90a.gif
    CruiseMoab2005-728x90a.gif
    16.7 KB · Views: 5,489
Last edited by a moderator:

wesintl

RS Moderator
Yeah... I think once we move the "Welcome to the new forum you must re-register" we ought to hang that banner. I think we ought to do something for the shops that support the club too and make it rotating...

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Want me to do some selling? :D

Chris

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Shark Bait said:

Chris

Don't know if your a good enough salesman....you only managed to get $502.00 for that beautiful FJ-55! That should have sold for over $10k! :D

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Bite me. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Attachments

• upyours.gif
    upyours.gif
    265 bytes · Views: 5,259

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Uncle Ben said:
Awe come on.....it was just a 55... :rolleyes:

Not just ANY 55! It's featured in September/October TT. Already got mine! :p :cool:

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
There was also a shot of a sweet looking FJ62 (photo courtesy of Kipper Stiever) on Hell's Revenge, a nice FJ40 with 70 series front turn signals (Mike Davidson) on Fin's n Things, and our own Commander Matt Farr's FJ40 leading the "pack" up SOB hill.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Selling banner ads...

Shark Bait said:
Chris
Maybe. We probably get enough traffic to make it worth a few small bucks. I think we would hit up our own members with businesses first.

Or we could just use it to promote Rising Sun and Cruise Moab.

What do others think?

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Well, you know me.... proceeds to fund trail maintenance???? :cool:

Very cool banner BTW.

Uh, Shark Bait, with stuff like that popping up here at work or at home (emoticon and avatar), I might not be a frequent visitor to your posts! :eek:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Just noticed the RS logo still links to forum. :)

Oh....and the RS site's calendar link still goes to the old hack-a-date. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

wesintl

RS Moderator
Shark Bait said:
Hey Kipper,

Should the RS logo in the upper left corner point a person back to the RS home page? It did on the old forum. :confused:

It does now :ranger:

New photos on the main page per yoder's request. (as soon as I hook up with matt I'll see if his rotation script works. If you'd like to see your rig here send a 120x ~100 sized pic to me. :blah:

Meeting time and info on the main page so everyone know where to find us in person

I fixed a few broken links :birf:

on to some better stuff later :D

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Thanks Wes! :bowdown: :ranger:

wesintl said:
It does now :ranger:

New photos on the main page per yoder's request. (as soon as I hook up with matt I'll see if his rotation script works. If you'd like to see your rig here send a 120x ~100 sized pic to me. :blah:

Meeting time and info on the main page so everyone know where to find us in person

I fixed a few broken links :birf:

on to some better stuff later :D

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
wesintl said:
Thanks Wes! For whatever reason, the "close this window" button doesn't. I ended up clicking on the new link back to the home page on the RS logo to navigate out.