• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Leader for 2022 Snow Run Wanted

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
I figured this year I would offer up to see if someone else would like to lead the annual Snow Run. I’m willing too if needed and will attend. I would even handle the Beau Jo’s pizza part. But, I‘m hearing there is an effort for many to improve their trail leading skills and figure this would be a great opportunity for that. This run mainly requires lots of different types of communication with different levels of participants. Everything from sizing up rigs at the meeting spot, running the drivers meeting, radio communication throughout the day with participants and different key people. And of course, making sure everyone gets off the trail. And there are always lots of experienced people willing to assist when need or asked.

You could team up with a someone else also. Perhaps a gunner in the rear. Although the traditional gunner at the end of the line doesn't usually apply with the way everyone gets spread out and takes different paths. Which is ok and unique to this run.

The leader gets to pick the date also. I usually like to do it on a Sat. before the Super Bowl but that is open. We do need to set the date soon though because Nakari has another special training event planned at the meeting spot and needs a solid date soon for planning purposes.

It’s ultimately very rewarding when everyone is eating pizza, having a cold one and thanking you for such a great day.

So what you do you say? Any takers?

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    642.1 KB · Views: 79

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
I volunteer unless someone else wants too

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
Are there any proposed dates yet? I’m available Saturday February 4 and 5 and would tail gun for you @DomOfTheDead
I’m not available the 11th.