• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Leader and Gunner trails?

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Would it be helpful if any leaders/gunners posted here what trails they are comfortable leading and gunning? I know that was very helpful when I assigned the leaders and gunners a few years ago. I even built a database....maybe I should dig that up? Anyway....I will throw mine out here in case it helps.

I have led Poison Spider and Metal Masher numerous times. Posion Spider would be no problem, but Metal Masher would depend on if I get a lift installed in time. I hope to have it ready by the pre-run. I would also gladly lead these trails at the pre-run.

Gold Bar Rim I have led...would definitely need a lift...and would prefer a front locker for that damn ledge near the end. Not sure about the locker yet.

7 mile I have led, but in a couple of different configurations, do we have an official course map for it? There are so many fun side trails! I would love to lead this on Saturday, nice easy trail on the 3rd day.

Could also lead Dome, or any other trails my truck could handle, especially if I could run them at the pre-run.

I can gun anything, done most trails before.

I will also be able to run any trails we need help on during the pre-run in March, and as always I will be out there early before CM that week, so if we are still short on leaders, I can run trails right before CM. I always go early and run the trails I am leading just to make sure nothing has changed or there are no issues, and I am 100% familiar with everything.

As always, :risingsun

Tim

Cocarlisle

Hard Core 4+
I would be comfortable gunning Fins and Things if need be
That may change depending on the pre run and what I'm comfortable with

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Not sure...but I would think it is a good idea to have an easy way to update it? Things change quickly...I know it was helpful to me to know who could lead what, and it definitely can change from year to year.

Doesn't Zepp already keep an updated list of all of this?

Once the dust settles with registration he usually posts up any vacancies he finds from a leader/gunner need.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Doesn't Zepp already keep an updated list of all of this?

Once the dust settles with registration he usually posts up any vacancies he finds from a leader/gunner need.

That's exactly right Stan, after registration's been open a couple weeks, I'll go through it and start assigning leaders and gunners and seeing what the needs are. The format will be the same as I have used in years past:

http://risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=20713

And if there are any additions or changes I need to make to the leader/gunner database I'll work from the new thread I post up.

LXBRADY

Hard Core 4+
That's exactly right Stan, after registration's been open a couple weeks, I'll go through it and start assigning leaders and gunners and seeing what the needs are. The format will be the same as I have used in years past:

http://risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=20713

And if there are any additions or changes I need to make to the leader/gunner database I'll work from the new thread I post up.

Hi Jeff,

I am happy to lead KC on Th
Gun Moab Rim on Fr
Gun Golden Spike on Sat.

It is likely that Tepui Tents will want to sponsor a run again this year and if that's the case I would be the one to lead it. I'll find out what Tepui has planned. Is there a particular trail you'd like a leader for?

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
It is likely that Tepui Tents will want to sponsor a run again this year and if that's the case I would be the one to lead it. I'll find out what Tepui has planned. Is there a particular trail you'd like a leader for?

Ping me at registration@cruisemoab.com Adam. As I do every year, I will be starting the official Leader/gunner thread after we have enough registrants to do initial assignments and see which trails we are running on which days. In general Trail Sponsors are free to choose which trail you'd like to lead on which day, as we normally try to have that lined up before registration opens. I apologize for not contacting you direct prior to registration opening. I will say that your choice last year of Spike was very helpful! But like I said, I won't really know what are leader needs are until I start to go through the registrants, we've only been open a day or two.