• TONIGHT! UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO RAIN FORECAST: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

⦿ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

last-minute Argentine Pass run

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Hey all, I had a great idea while at lunch today. Jacki is off with the girls this weekend, so I thought I might sneak a run up Argentine to do some "cleanup" and generally checking the area out. I'm thinking I will get started about 1pm on Saturday (that's tomorrow), so it'll be an afternoon run. If anybody wants to come pm me or show up about then and try to catch me on CB4 or 146.460.

My plan is to go pretty fast and do more exploring than stopping for trash. There are lots of roads up there I would like to know where they go, and I've never really even been up close to Argentine Pass itself.

As an aside, I found out from Brant that the culverts may be private property and should not be removed, even if they are strewn on the side of the trail, unless Brant gives us the ok. So for anybody else heading up there, keep that in mind.

IF I get up high enough, I might try to hit some of the Denver repeaters, like 145.145, so if anybody is within earreach, keep your ears on probably from 2-4pm for KDODHJ calling CQ.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I wasn't sure, but it sounds like I probably can't get there from the Grant side like I was hoping. Okay I might be starting at 1:30 or 2:00.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I just got home. Will post trip report within next day.