Know any good tax attorneys?

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Thinking about getting a small Townhouse thats bank owned and renting it to Rachel and a friend while they are in college. Cheaper than rent with the current market conditions.

Need a tax attorney to help me with the following questions:

1) If I intend to deed it over to Rachel (she would repay the down payment) after she gets out of college and has a job, should I put her and my name on the title? Can this be done without refinancing the loan? Talking 2-3 years in the future.

2) If it is in my and Rachels name can I take the tax deduction as a rental if she is living there? She would be renting half to a friend and with the tax deduction would cost me about $350 a month.

3) If I have to have it in my name (no Rachel) to get the tax deduction, can I quick deed it over to her in 2-3 years and not have to refinance?

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Here's my tax accountants / attorney.

Hartfield Sonnier And Johnson Pc
8435 West 80th Avenue, Arvada, CO 80005
(303) 421-9379

Brook Johnson is my accountant. His e-mail is brookj@hsjtax.com

Rich Hartfield is also an attorney.

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
My tax guy is:

Jeff Torrison
Financial Security Management, Inc.
575 Union Blvd, Suite 200
Lakewood, CO 80228
303-988-1411
jtorrison@fsm-inc.com

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Thinking about getting a small Townhouse thats bank owned and renting it to Rachel and a friend while they are in college. Cheaper than rent with the current market conditions.

Need a tax attorney to help me with the following questions:

1) If I intend to deed it over to Rachel (she would repay the down payment) after she gets out of college and has a job, should I put her and my name on the title? Can this be done without refinancing the loan? Talking 2-3 years in the future.

2) If it is in my and Rachels name can I take the tax deduction as a rental if she is living there? She would be renting half to a friend and with the tax deduction would cost me about $350 a month.

3) If I have to have it in my name (no Rachel) to get the tax deduction, can I quick deed it over to her in 2-3 years and not have to refinance?

I dont know how much he would be bale to help you, but you can try Daniel Markofsky. He is a Real estate Lawyer.