• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Jenny Creek Work Day July 26

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
OK, so we are set for July 26 at 9am (meet at store in Rollinsville if not camping) for "fixing" the kiosk. Here is an updated list of possible helpers:

Red Chili - welder, power, tools, in charge of kiosk "fixes"
Timmbuck2 - grunt worker, tools
Powderpig - maybe
Rover67
Rock Wagon
Tramontana - various tools
Tch2fly - concrete
Beater - maybe
thenimirra - camera
Johnindenver - plywood?

Other than camping and wheeling and indulging in a few adult beverages :beer:, there are 3 main goals of the trip:

1. "Fix" the kiosk
- cut off the top sun (which looks AMAZING and extremely cool...awesome job John!)
- add the cross pieces. Subzali had these, correct? Where are they now?
- add the plywood

Needed:
-grinder, welder, power (Red Chili - grinder/cutter/flapsander, welder, power for grinder.)
-bfh (various)
-I think the FS is providing the plywood? Will she have it on the 26th? Will it be cut to fit or will we need to cut it on site? how does the plywood attach? screws?
-Same with the cross pieces.

2. Fix post and cable

We have not been able to get a good feel of what is needed for this At the least we will need winches to pull them back up, shovels, cement?, water?, etc etc etc?.

3. GPS Jenny Creek and side trails

This is a side project that the Rising Sun is working on, or will be once the snow melts. Any and all trucks with GPS are welcome to map the trails while the other projects are going on or after everything is fixed. I don't have a GPS yet, but hopefully as that project gets up and running we will have plenty for everyone.

Then we camp and drink and eat and be merry.

Please post a confirmation or retraction here if you are definitely heading up there the 26th and what tools you plan to bring and if you are camping.
THANKS!!!!!

Last edited:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Tools as mentioned above. Tramontana is also bringing some power tools. My truck can run 1 tool at a time I think, depending on draw.

For the posts, we would need bags of concrete, shovels, a pike (I can bring mine). Water is available on site so we need a bucket, large-ish. If someone can take the point on concrete etc. that would be great, my focus is the kiosk.

I have the cross pieces (I need to weld them closed), and Tramontana is bringing them up. He is also bringing his wife Cookie to fish a bit after work, and although nothing has been discussed, you may get to know how she got that name.

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Do we need a permit to camp?

Hoping to make it but working on the weekends this summer is getting in the way of some great wheelin'... good thing I love my job :D

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Do we need a permit to camp?
Nope.

BTW, the Sabbath is as important as the job, d00d... just sayin' (for selfish reasons, love to have you there).

Tch2fly

Rising Sun Member
For the posts, we would need bags of concrete, shovels, a pike (I can bring mine). Water is available on site so we need a bucket, large-ish. If someone can take the point on concrete etc. that would be great, my focus is the kiosk.

Looks like you can add me to the list of workers.

I got the concrete last time around. I'd be happy to do it again let me know how many bags I should bring.

No camping for me, I'll meet whomever in Rollinsville.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
No clue how much concrete to bring...I only saw one or 2 posts that needed to be reset, but half of them were still covered in snow...

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Did we ever get an answer on the plywood??

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Nope.

BTW, the Sabbath is as important as the job, d00d... just sayin' (for selfish reasons, love to have you there).

True- but right now my Sabbath is on Tuesdays :D:thumb:

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
Guys - I have to back out of this work day. My parents came up this week from Arizona, and are staying until Sunday. I don't think I can justify disappearing all day Saturday after working all week, nor do I think I can convince them that doing trail work in our mountains is a good use of their time.

I humbly apologize, and hope that I can do my part at some other time.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Is anybody planning on going up to camp friday night?

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Is anybody planning on going up to camp friday night?
We were, but it's looking like that gains us nothing. So Saturday night is Camp Yankee Doodle.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I am free this Saturday...what is this again and where do we meet? I've never been camping before but would love to!
July 26 at 9am (meet at store in Rollinsville).
here

Bring some sort of shelter (I am sleeping in my truck on an air mattress this time), a warm sleeping bag, a winter coat, some rain gear just in case, a couple lunches, a dinner and breakfast (though I bet there will be food to share), your personals, and your winning attitude! Cool that you are coming!
:thumb:

I'm going and can haul whatever in my truck.
What about the pipes or plywood? I can pick them up tomorrow.

John
KD0DCU

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Go get 'em boys! Wish I was headed up there with ya! I will be with ya in spirit!

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Ok, looks like we (Allison, The Dog, and Myself) will be heading up there sometime tomorrow evening. We'll see you guys up there saturday morning.

A couple of friends of mine will more than likely meet us up there saturday to play around and camp that night.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
alright... we are headed up in a few hours, we'll find some spot to camp, may not be near the road depending on who else is up there. meet the group at the kiosk, or along the road somewhere on the way up... don't wait for us if we are not at rollinsville at 9. my CB will be on channel 4... not like you'll be able to talk to me unless you can throw a rock at me, but anyways. we'll probably be able to help out most of the morning.

-Marco