jenny creek kiosk installation

Beater

Hard Core 4+
OBVIOUSLY, this needs to be coordinated with the district, but we need to start planning this, as I need the kiosk out of my area before a scrap guy thinks it's for them.

By my count, here is what we will need for installation:

powered auger
laser level
quick setting concrete
fiber additive
mesh rebar
post tubes
six to ten tempory fence posts (green thingies)
3-4 20' stickes of 2" angle
torch set or portable welder
water (for concrete)
beer (for workers)

The Plan as I see it:

auger holes
raise assembled kiosk (can be safely done with 5~6 bodies)
set plumb by anchoring temp posts, and welding angle to kiosk and temp posts
pour concrete
rest overnight
remove temp supports.

We will need TWO trailers. One for the kiosk, NOT big, but I don't want to overload the trailer for the dirt road and one for the gear.

Mr. Morgan, the ball is back in your court!

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
The next BRDOHV meeting is 8/2, it will be sooooo cool to report that this thing is done! I will email them for a heads up on dates.

UB, you wanna take the point on the logistics?

John, I know it's large, but if you can post any pix I can give Brian and Cat the link.

Beater

Hard Core 4+
I could also weld on stakes for the bottom of the posts to act as rebar/anchors as well.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
I'll volunteer one of the two trailers to get it up there. I'll need someone to load and unload it though...

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
You bet. Shouldn't be a problem.

Yankee Doodle Party time, redux.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Just wondering when we're going to plan to do this. It seems like we have an event planned for nearly every weekend through Labor Day. Is September too late?

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
As always, I have a smallish utility trailer that can be used. 4x6 or so with open side rails.

Has a small vice on top, and an air tank under it (although I've never tested it to see if it holds air :(), D ring tie downs (was built to haul motorcycles), a small tool bin on the front, and a couple gas can holders.

Hopefully I will be able to make the official raising party :) but if not the trailer is always available for use :thumb:. It is buried in the garage (strapped to the wall) behind the 40.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
If it's on a Sunday and I know about a week in advance I can probably be there.

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
I probably have enough of the temporary fence posts I could donate to the cause. ;)

Beater

Hard Core 4+
Just wondering when we're going to plan to do this. It seems like we have an event planned for nearly every weekend through Labor Day. Is September too late?

Well, with 60 some members now, I would bet 30 or so are free on any give weekend, meaning they are not wheeling on club events. That leaves 30 or so to deal with personal (family) commitments, so we should be able to gather 10 or so people, which is what we will need.

j

Beater

Hard Core 4+
also - who has a readywelder that we could use? I have no justification to purchase one any longer according to the wife. (and she's right too)

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
We can always open it up to CO4x4 as well, to ensure good turnout, if need be.

Hmmm... the later in the year (within reason), the better... means the Chili will be done... need on board welder, honey, need on board welder... repeat after me..

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+

Funny you should ask that! The project needs a lead person. I can help but I do not have time to do the coordinating/phone calling. Thank you Matt for stepping forward! :clap: :woot: :woot: :headbang: :thumb:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
also - who has a readywelder that we could use? I have no justification to purchase one any longer according to the wife. (and she's right too)

Depends on when we do it as I have a welder in my 40 but it's currantly under the knife. I just got my underhood back from Kipper that was in Long Grain but it's in a box and not in the 80 yet.