• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Jack-It Night: April 3, 2024 RS Club Meeting

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Jack-It Night (our annual pre-Cruise Moab Recovery & Trail Skills meeting) will be back at Envision Fabrication for 2024.

Date: Wednesday, April 3, 2024
Time: 6:30 pm ← EARLY START TIME

Location: Envision Fabrication, owned by RS club members Travis Rogers @TheHoneyBadger & Justin Morgan @Squishy!
2710 West Mansfield Avenue, Englewood CO 80111 (near Federal just south of Hwy 285)

Who is invited: Anyone who is interested in the club + Rising Sun members + Cruise Moab participants (if you are reading this, you are invited!)

Agenda: Recovery tools and how to use them safely: Hi-Lift jack, winching, and recovery information from experienced club experts.
Bring your gloves and your questions!

More about Envision Fabrication
Bonus Question: How did "Jack-It Night" get its name?

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
We also finally have our website up and running. HERE

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the shop again this year!

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Okay, several days have elapsed and there is no answer to the essential piece of information on the origin of the title. You learn about hilift jacks and you put a jacket on the winch rope when winching.

Not something I learned at Jack-it night but is simply obvious, lubricate the pins of your hilift once in a while. You'll be glad you did whenever you need to use it.

simps80

Rising Sun Member
Part of the answer, but there is one essential piece missing...

Double entendre jacket and jack-it
Wear a jacket cause it’s potentially cold at night this time of year when this is held

Dino_Rnr

Brand New
Jack-It Night (our annual pre-Cruise Moab Recovery & Trail Skills meeting) will be back at Envision Fabrication for 2024.

Date: Wednesday, April 3, 2024
Time: 6:30 pm ← EARLY START TIME

Location: Envision Fabrication, owned by RS club members Travis Rogers @TheHoneyBadger & Justin Morgan @Squishy!
2710 West Mansfield Avenue, Englewood CO 80111 (near Federal just south of Hwy 285)

Who is invited: Anyone who is interested in the club + Rising Sun members + Cruise Moab participants (if you are reading this, you are invited!)

Agenda: Recovery tools and how to use them safely: Hi-Lift jack, winching, and recovery information from experienced club experts.
Bring your gloves and your questions!

More about Envision Fabrication
Bonus Question: How did "Jack-It Night" get its name?
Besides gloves and questions, do I need to bring anything else? I’m trying to figure out what tools and things I actually need for off-roading before making random purchases on cool stuff. Thanks!

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Besides gloves and questions, do I need to bring anything else? I’m trying to figure out what tools and things I actually need for off-roading before making random purchases on cool stuff. Thanks!
No, don't bring anything unless you want someone's opinion of something. And one of the benefits from the event is learning a little more about what you need to buy/what you don't need to buy, before you spend any more money on random purchases... so bring questions!

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
Do we want to authorize a pizza budget? I can go grab it tomorrow before the meeting.

Yes? No?

Last edited:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
All right, I will reveal the origins of the Jack-It Night name:

At the original recovery night meeting, the Slee Jac-koff Tool was introduced and celebrated. It was mandatory Rising Sun recovery kit equipment for a year or two. The name stuck even as the tool has been forgotten (but you can still buy it).

As you might imagine, the club was reluctant to call the second annual meeting "Jac-koff Night."

simps80

Rising Sun Member
I won that ill-named piece of kit in the raffle!!!

I don’t recall if it was at that jack-it night ..but I think so it was outside and dark

My memory oh my memory it doth fadeth awayeth

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
We’re ready for you guys. Looking forward to it.

Attachments

• 07CD8071-7D63-4D1E-8F81-3BA96E39EB12.jpeg
    07CD8071-7D63-4D1E-8F81-3BA96E39EB12.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
I told myself several times to not forget my camp chair and more importantly my Casa Bonita water bottle. I did, in fact forget them. I will figure out a time to grab them with you guys.

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
I told myself several times to not forget my camp chair and more importantly my Casa Bonita water bottle. I did, in fact forget them. I will figure out a time to grab them with you guys.
No problem. 🤣 We saw them afterwards. I’ll put them in the office. Swing by and get them whenever.

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
Thanks to everyone for coming out tonight. We had a great time hanging out with everyone.
Big thanks to Jackson and Tim for leading the classes. You guys did a great job.
I hope everyone had a good evening.
We’ll be glad to host again next year.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Thank you, Travis and Justin. It was great being at your shop last night and an excellent meeting.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
It was a great meeting and event. I'm so thankful for all that helped out last minute and otherwise especially our hosts and presenters. I always learn something on jack-it night. Thanks Justin and Travis for the use of your space It was great seeing you both. Lots of new faces for me as well as some old ones I enjoyed catching up with :). Thanks to all that came out!