It's not a jeep!!!

I'm sure many of you have had the same problem. someone comes up to you and says sweet jeep, or nice jeep and you say its a land cruiser fj40. so I took it upon myself to make my 40 look like a 40 again. also notice I fixed the bezel. finished my swinggate and almost broke my back putting the spare on cause the bottom of the wheel is even with my chin.

Attachments

• small000_0107.jpg
    small000_0107.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 199
  • small000_0108.jpg
    small000_0108.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 196

wesintl

RS Moderator
Nice, makes it kinda stand out with the white bezel. :thumb:

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
the real question is did you take time to add a few bolts to your top?

thank you for flipping the bezel :D

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Looking better!! Now, paint the grille black and get some stock side mirrors. :grinpimp:

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
When people say "nice jeep" best to just say thanks, IMO. Add emblems and ditch those fugly mirrors. You can always add a big sticker like red chili that says "I understand your big red jeep thing, That's why I drive a big red toyota"
How's the steering project comming?

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Looking much better! Now paint the top white too!

By the way, I have some extra side glass that will fit your top if you're interested. :thumb:

farnhamstj said:
When people say "nice jeep" best to just say thanks, IMO. Add emblems and ditch those fugly mirrors. You can always add a big sticker like red chili that says "I understand your big red jeep thing, That's why I drive a big red toyota"
How's the steering project comming?
Im gonna get high steer but I need to convert to 79-85 knuckles and brakes first and put the gears and longfields in .

MARTIN said:
Looking much better! Now paint the top white too!

By the way, I have some extra side glass that will fit your top if you're interested. :thumb:
that would be awesome and I am planning on painting the top too and buying a bikini top for wheeling because wheeling with a hard top is a bad Idea (lesson learned the hard way)

I would be more concerned with your steering than what people call your truck :eek:

People are dumb get over it.

wesintl

RS Moderator
bustanutley said:
I would be more concerned with your steering than what people call your truck :eek:

WHOA.. I totally missed that ghettoness.

High steer is only like $250 these days. :bowdown:

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Ben-

I like the bezel in white man, once you paint the top (if you do) those in the know will recoginize it really quickly as a toyota.

Gotta agree man, get that steering fixed up right, and add a few shocks while you are at it! :eek: :D :D

Is you cruiser back here in Louisville yet?

Drew

Rezarf said:
Ben-

I like the bezel in white man, once you paint the top (if you do) those in the know will recoginize it really quickly as a toyota.

Gotta agree man, get that steering fixed up right, and add a few shocks while you are at it! :eek: :D :D

Is you cruiser back here in Louisville yet?

Drew
actually I ended up never taking it up there I couldnt I would miss it to much, but as soon as I get back from wolf creek on jan 2nd the overhaul begins

wesintl said:
WHOA.. I totally missed that ghettoness.

High steer is only like $250 these days. :bowdown:
yes its very sad at best! where can I get high steer for 250?

wesintl

RS Moderator
at least find a double steering arm...

I apologize new kits start at $369 from what I can find. Still a lot cheaper than the 500+ I paid when they first came out.