Inflation Reduction Act

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Does anyone here know, that once the Inflation Reduction Act passes, when will it take effect? January 1, 2023? I haven't been able to find any information on it.

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Just like all big bills, we won’t completely know what’s in it until it’s written. That seems weird right. I’m pretty sure the administrative law comes next which mean the executive branch will have a lot to say in how we view the law. This isn’t much different than the ACA from what I understand.

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
Is there anything positive for home solar in the bill at this time?

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
30% tax credit. I was chatting with the guy from Photon Brothers today and he said it should be retroactive to this year once it is written into law. I really want to know about the heat pump rebates.

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
30% tax credit. I was chatting with the guy from Photon Brothers today and he said it should be retroactive to this year once it is written into law. I really want to know about the heat pump rebates.

I think I saw some stuff about credits for other electric appliances as well. If you had a nice battery system some of these might be a good deal too. Unfortunately, our roof kinda sucks for solar. Someday when I get to build a new garage...

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
Ok. That is cool. The present rebate is 26%, but it is a non refundable credit. I wonder if that will change in the IRA. Nice to see that it will be bumped back up to 30%.