• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

In need of a good mechanic

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
With Ben Ashcraft moving, Slee being booked up for the next 2 years, and Jesse at ATLR not wanting to work on anything but OEM parts, I need someone who I can work with to do the following (because I am too lazy to get out there and do it myself):

- Install Icon extended brake lines
- Swap rear springs
- Install Slee front bumpstop extensions

Anyone have any recommendations or confident in doing this and want to make a few extra bucks?

brettf

Lifted
You might call Japanese Auto Service in Wheatridge. I've had good experiences with them in the past.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Would Joe at CTS do it?

I know Robbie is moving, is Ben Ashcraft @Three Wheel Ben also moving?

Redline in the springs would probably do it.

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
You might call Japanese Auto Service in Wheatridge. I've had good experiences with them in the past.
Ross and Doc are great guys, and JAS is an awesome shop, but they tend to be quite expensive.

I recommend Matt Radder @ GarageWorks. I met him through working with CO4x4RnR - he's a good dude, has reasonable labor prices, and knows his stuff. He's done quite a bit of work on my 100 as well. Tell him I sent you.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Anybody ever use Toy-Auto Masters on Broadway a few blocks south of Hampden? They have a 60, 40, and 80 that are sitting out front pretty regularly. Always been curious about that place.

ColoradoMntMan

Rising Sun Member
My brother has a mechanic shop in Englewood. He works on Cruisers a lot and we have done all of the upgrades together on my 80 and 100 series; from installing the supercharger to each of my lifts from Slee. In fact he would help flip Cruisers for a local dealer and that's how I became a Cruiser fanatic.

Last edited:

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
Anybody ever use Toy-Auto Masters on Broadway a few blocks south of Hampden? They have a 60, 40, and 80 that are sitting out front pretty regularly. Always been curious about that place.
I used them about 10 years ago to replace a head on my 4runner. They were fairly priced and did solid work, they also had a free loaner car. I saw at least 4-5 100 series in the lot the last time I drove by. Its a shame that Griff's is no longer next door.