Hulk Home Solar 2022

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
Thanks Jack!

@Hulk sorry if this derailed the thread at all, but hopefully it provoked another thing for you to think about.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
We're getting closer to committing, probably with Photon Brothers. Does anyone have a reasonable idea of how much the cost of electricity will increase over time? I've seen 3% per year.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
We're getting closer to committing, probably with Photon Brothers. Does anyone have a reasonable idea of how much the cost of electricity will increase over time? I've seen 3% per year.
According to the Wall Street Journal today

"The U.S. consumer-price index for electricity in August climbed 15.8% over the same month a year ago, the biggest such 12-month increase since 1981,"

That is a national average. Don't know how much in Colorado as I haven't paid for Electricity since January.

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
The guy with Sunrun that I just met with seemed quite knowledgeable. He said the 10 year average of Xcel was an increase of a little over 5% a year and that last year is was about 12.8%.

I believe that we have 10%+ increase for at least the next few years in energy. Especially for natural gas.