How do I post a table in a post?

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
I want to copy some cells from Excel into a table in a post; how do I do this?:confused:

jacdaw

Hard Core 4+
Won't be editable, but you could take a screen shot and post the image. I tried a few other things with no success.

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
Won't be editable, but you could take a screen shot and post the image. I tried a few other things with no success.

Thanks John. There must be a way (maybe with php), but I have not sorted it yet. Where is Hulk?

jacdaw

Hard Core 4+
It may be possible but not activated. I just noticed a new YouTube tag button. I'm searching "BB Code, insert table"

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten

wesintl

RS Moderator
I believe you can do it having html enabled. It is somewhat of a risk but it's enabled for members only. It's a chore to get it in there even so.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I know where to enable HTML, so that's pretty easy. I agree -- we should enable it in the Members Only section since it HTML can be used for nefarious purposes by unfriendlies. You're still going to have to compose it in something that will give you HTML output. I think Office 2007 will be adequate.

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
I know where to enable HTML, so that's pretty easy. I agree -- we should enable it in the Members Only section since it HTML can be used for nefarious purposes by unfriendlies. You're still going to have to compose it in something that will give you HTML output. I think Office 2007 will be adequate.

Questions:
1) Is the table function now enabled in the Member's Only section?
2) Can I make a post in the Member's only section with a table, and then link the public thread in the event staging area to the members only thread with the table?

What I am trying to do is have a table detailing the member attending and what side they are bringing to the Holiday Party.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Questions:
1) Is the table function now enabled in the Member's Only section?

Not the BBCode stuff. However, HTML has been enabled in the Members Only section. So you can post an HTML-formatted table in a post in that section. Here is some blank code you can use. This is for a table 5 cells wide by 3 rows high.

Code:
<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="8">
  <tr>
    <td> </td>
    <td> </td>
    <td> </td>
    <td> </td>
    <td> </td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
    <td> </td>
    <td> </td>
    <td> </td>
    <td> </td>
    <td> </td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
    <td> </td>
    <td> </td>
    <td> </td>
    <td> </td>
    <td> </td>
  </tr>
</table>
Use the button in the toolbar that looks like this < > to wrap the HTML tags around all of this. The <tr> indicates the start of a row; the </tr> ends it. Each <td> </td> is an individual blank cell in a row. Delete the " " where you add content; leave it for blank cells (stands for Non-Breaking-SPace"). FYI: rows should have the same number of cells.

2) Can I make a post in the Member's only section with a table, and then link the public thread in the event staging area to the members only thread with the table?

You may link it, but only Members will be able to follow the link.

What I am trying to do is have a table detailing the member attending and what side they are bringing to the Holiday Party.

Look at post #2 in the Brimmer Calendar thread. I think you're making this much too hard for such a simple purpose. ;)

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
Dude!:eek:

Where is the marketing department! This is not very user friendly; I just want an easy table.:rolleyes:

thanks for playing.:)

Just bring a salad and some hot wings.:D

BTW- Harry Brimmer #2 is very old school; where is the innovation? Do you still cut meat with stone tools?:rolleyes:

Not the BBCode stuff. However, HTML has been enabled in the Members Only section. So you can post an HTML-formatted table in a post in that section. Here is some blank code you can use. This is for a table 5 cells wide by 3 rows high.

Code:
<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="8">
  <tr>
    <td> </td>
    <td> </td>
    <td> </td>
    <td> </td>
    <td> </td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
    <td> </td>
    <td> </td>
    <td> </td>
    <td> </td>
    <td> </td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
    <td> </td>
    <td> </td>
    <td> </td>
    <td> </td>
    <td> </td>
  </tr>
</table>
Use the button in the toolbar that looks like this < > to wrap the HTML tags around all of this. The <tr> indicates the start of a row; the </tr> ends it. Each <td> </td> is an individual blank cell in a row. Delete the " " where you add content; leave it for blank cells (stands for Non-Breaking-SPace"). FYI: rows should have the same number of cells.

You may link it, but only Members will be able to follow the link.

Look at post #2 in the Brimmer Calendar thread. I think you're making this much too hard for such a simple purpose. ;)

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I figured you'd be all over this and soon writing a script in PHP to synchronize the data with a computer 5000 feet below the floor of the ocean. Where are our robot servants?

jettaglxdriver

Hard Core 4+
I made it easier.

basic_table.jpg

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
I figured you'd be all over this and soon writing a script in PHP to synchronize the data with a computer 5000 feet below the floor of the ocean. Where are our robot servants?

I just think about ways to make work more efficient, I don't actually ever do any work.:D:rolleyes: