• UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO FORECAST OF RAIN: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

⦿ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Have the wheels started to turn for '08?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the weather turning nice and dreams of getting my 45 on the road, I'd like to mark my calendar for the rally this year.

What's the word?

Michael

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
They have started to turn. i'm awaiting a response from jeffco on when the parking lot would be available. hope to know soon, but we have to wait for the driving schools to post their schedule with the school district.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
I have arranged special pricing at the Fairfield Inn and Comfort Suites nearby for those traveling from outside of the metro area.

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
What are the dates?

leiniesred

Hard Core 4+
Got an idea: How about a tire swap corral?

Everyone is always wondering about backspacing, tire width, tire height.

If anyone wants to take the time, they can borrow my tires/wheels and see what hits or fits on his or her truck.

The rally is unique in that there are a lot of trucks in one place at one time.

Just an idea. Doesn't have to happen. I was just thinking of other "things to do" during the rally.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
And have the RTI there, so you can see how they might rub when stuffed.

don't know if we'd be able to do rti...might be frowned upon for safety reasons. of course, what they don't know.....;)

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
don't know if we'd be able to do rti...might be frowned upon for safety reasons. of course, what they don't know.....;)

If not, there should be plenty of buggies there that you can drive up onto like last year. :D

isotel

Any word Yet on the Date? i am willing to help promote the event down here in C-Springs, and im sure we have some other interested members, but Colorado Land Cruisers as a whole did not seem like they had much interest :(

We would still like to have a Both of some sort, and do what we can on the Ultra South South side ;)

subzali

Hard Core 4+
My guess? July 26th, August 2nd, or the 9th. I'm pretty sure we decided it was going to be a Saturday. I'll get right on it after Cruise Moab though! ;)

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
because of the motorcycle classes that also use the lot and the triple bypass run, it looks like it's goign to be august 9th

awh man!! I won't be around that weekend. I'll miss another one....

Don't suppose a June date would be would to much to ask for?

Pappy

So let's say I decide to drive up for the Rally this year. Last year my choice of motel was, um, not very good. Is there a place near the event lot folks would recommend?

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
So let's say I decide to drive up for the Rally this year. Last year my choice of motel was, um, not very good. Is there a place near the event lot folks would recommend?

my spare room. always open to passing cruiserheads.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
I have arranged special pricing at the Fairfield Inn and Comfort Suites nearby for those traveling from outside of the metro area.

I've never stayed at any of the hotels in the area but here is a google listing of hotels in the Lakewood CO area --> hotel listing

Aside from the ones Mike lists above I would imagine that the Denver Marriott West and the Sheraton Denver West are pretty nice.

Convert

Hard Core 4+
Where should we enter for the valet parking for the 80 series row?

Status
Not open for further replies.