• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Harris Park shooting area clean up day.

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
Unbelievable that people have left that much trash up there! This proves the “kitchen sink theory” (I made it up for my staff I managed in my last job) which basically says if you leave A Single Dish in the kitchen sink at your house, there will be a pile of dishes in a day or so. If you clean your dish right away and put it in the dishwasher, the next person will feel the need to keep the sink clean as well.

This also shows how important minor cleanups are in preventing these large scale disasters. If we continue to pick up the little stuff, it is harder for another sh&thead to dump on top of trash already there. It’s like the bubblegum rock or the bra tree....once it gains momentum it’s hard to stop. You gotta stop it early.

Thanks Travis and others for being a part of this!

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
It’s like the bubblegum rock or the bra tree....once it gains momentum it’s hard to stop. You gotta stop it early.

Thanks Travis and others for being a part of this!

I dunno. I support the Bra trees. LOL j/k

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
Just went back out to this place. It's trashed again just one week later. I filled a whole trash bag just at the parking area. I could have easily filled 3 more. But I ran out of time as it was getting dark.
So frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
Such BS. Are there signs up about trash...maybe one threatening closure?

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
Such BS. Are there signs up about trash...maybe one threatening closure?

No. Any signs left out there just end up getting used as targets.

mosdefjeff

Trail Ready
I have left Harris Park with bags of trash every time I go. It's pathetic. I usually try to get up there at first light to avoid too many people.

I have never seen such unsafe use of a public range as this one. I hope it doesn't happen, but I can't see it staying open for too much longer. It is in major need of safety signage and to be patrolled. Especially on the weekends.

I have never seen anyone from the forest service at this location any time I have been there. I think if they just increased general presence at the range, some of this would stop.