Half Doors

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Hi all. Thought I would take a shot. I mangled my passenger side Kayline half door in SD this year. They were getting pretty cracked anyway so I didn't really shed a tear. Fact is they seem to be unobtainium these days! I have snooped and snooped and have come back empty handed. Anybody know where there is a set? I can straighten the one and then re stretch some new vinyl on them but I would rather replace them. I really don't want the paddle type as they are funny bone smackers and I don't care for hard skinned or tube doors.

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
Ummmmmmm.....Don't you know a guy who knows where to get vinyl, etc... done quite nicely, even matching it to a paint scheme? And don't you have tools and the like which can, you know, stick a metal frame together, which vinyl could be then stretched over?

NEWAY, bump for your post. Hope you find what you are looking for, but a big part of me would rather see what you could fab up, which, in my mind, would be far superior to what you could buy.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I've been looking for a set for the past 3 years on and off. nothing. :eek:

I have a set of Bestop full soft doors I was just going to cut down and have welded, then stretch some of my extra Pakistan vinyl over.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
I've been looking for a set for the past 3 years on and off. nothing. :eek:

I have a set of Bestop full soft doors I was just going to cut down and have welded, then stretch some of my extra Pakistan vinyl over.

I straightened my bent one up pretty good last night. I'd love to do heavy canvas over it but black canvas is so hard to clean mud off of.....guess Vinyl is still the best choice. I will continue my quest as the next time I get a rock check on the doors it might not be as forgiving.

I had no idea they were that hard to find. I just sold a set Timm minus one of the door handles that fell off the other day while I was driving up I-70.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
I had no idea they were that hard to find. I just sold a set Timm minus one of the door handles that fell off the other day while I was driving up I-70.

I had no idea either! Wasn't that long ago when you couldn't hardly give 'em away.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
I know where there is a brand new set of two piece STC doors but they aren't for sale :D

Maybe in a few more years... :beer:

By then they might be worth more than gold :lmao:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
I know where there is a brand new set of two piece STC doors but they aren't for sale :D

Maybe in a few more years... :beer:

By then they might be worth more than gold :lmao:

I actually turned down a set of those doors because I don't care for paddle latches on half doors. Now that I have found the lack of half doors out there I wish I wouldn't have passed on the STC's! Those are awesome doors, BTW! Don't be giving those away unless it's to me!

bigbluefj

Honorary Canuck Member
What about a set of steel have door's??

bigbluefj

Honorary Canuck Member
duhhh so it wasn't in canadian ....long day

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
I have some coat hangers we could bend up and a few black trash bags laying around... I even have some black duct tape so we can make it look snazzy, let me know boss ;)

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
I have some coat hangers we could bend up and a few black trash bags laying around... I even have some black duct tape so we can make it look snazzy, let me know boss ;)

Schaweet! So instead of "Kayline" half doors I end up with "Drewdangerline doors!" I Like it! We could even mount the hinges on the B-Pillar to complete the "Danger is my doors middle name" theme! You are a pioneer sir! :thumb::thumb: :bowdown::bowdown::homer:

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I have a gnarly set of OEM soft top doors you could probably cut down and make some nice half doors out of. Definitely would need some metal fab skills.