Group buy for Samson AmSteel Blue, 3/8" winch line/ winch extensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

baja1d

Hard Core 4+
***THIS GROUP BUY IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED!!! Thank you to everyone who participated! I will contact all of you when I receive all items.***

To keep things organized I started a new thread. This is a group buy for Samson AmSteel Blue, 3/8" winch line or winch extensions. Included (but not required) in this GB is the Sea-Dog, Thimble, SS, HD, Closed, 3/8". Pricing is as follows:

Group buy will run until we hit 1,200' or through 4/12 whichever comes first. We're currently at 900'.

No verbals accepted. Shipping (at your expense) can be arranged, otherwise ordered items will be delivered to Cruise Moab or a monthly meeting. Prompt pickup is expected... please add up your total footage + the amount of thimbles and commit via PayPal. Before anyone asks, this order will exceed go2marine's "free shipping" over over $99 but less than 25lbs; hence the slight difference in price.

Example:
(120', 4 thimbles, and 10' of sleeve material)
  • (120' x $1.90)+(4 thimbles x $7)+(10' sleeve x $0.35) = $259.50 (Amount to be PP'd)

PayPal Info:
Click this link: paypal.me/baja1d

Commitment List:
*(Please post in this thread what you've ordered AND THEN email me your real name, contact info, details of your order, and amount paid)*

My email address is: travis@outerlimitsupply.com

1. Travis Hurley: 120' Rope and 4 thimbles
2. Jackson: 50' of line and 2 thimbles (50*1.9 + 2*7 = 109)
3. Greg L: 130' and 5 Thimbles. $263
4. Matt F: 35 feet of line + 2 thimbles. $80.50
5. Ben: 80' and 4 thimbles. $180
6. UB: 120' and 2 thimbles. $242
7. Marco: 50' of line and 2 thimbles. $109
8. S. Makee: 60' of line, 4 thimbles, and 10' of Sleeve. $145.50
9. T. Nakman: 120', 4 thimbles, and 10' of sleeve material. $259.50
10. A. Lewien: 100' and 4 thimbles. $218
11. S. Brady: 35', 2 thimbles, 5 feet of cover
12. M. Simpson: 120', 4 thimbles, 10' sleeve. $259.50
13. M. Gaskins (MTSN): 50', 2 thimbles: $109
14. T. Rogers: 130', 1 thimble

Travis Hurley- Founder/Owner
Outer Limit Supply | 720-987-4202
Est. 2014 | Littleton, Colorado
www.outerlimitsupply.com

Last edited:

baja1d

Hard Core 4+
Only 335' of AmSteel and 9 thimbles still up for grabs.

Two spools, 42 thimbles, and 200' of black 1" tubular webbing was ordered today. The hope was to have all of this well before Cruise Moab. As it stands we'll be really, really close. Although Go2marine's website is showing that everything is in stock... it's not. After speaking with a real person I was told that everything should ship within 14 days.

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Thanks a lot Travis!

baja1d

Hard Core 4+
THIS GROUP BUY IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED!!! Thank you to everyone who participated! I will contact all of you when I receive all items.

www.outerlimitsupply.com

baja1d

Hard Core 4+
What do we have here? Webbing sleeve is scheduled to arrive on Monday!
553357cfc8e002d7bb0b99e918450ab6.jpg

www.outerlimitsupply.com

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
Sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Yeah this is sweet, thanks Travis. so are you thinking that you'll just bring this to Moab?

also remember guys I bought that fancy Factor 55 pokey thing, it's already in the truck.. so we can use that in Moab to get these all rigged up. :) I have a feeling I'll be next to Travis at Vendor Night. ;)

baja1d

Hard Core 4+
Yeah this is sweet, thanks Travis. so are you thinking that you'll just bring this to Moab?

also remember guys I bought that fancy Factor 55 pokey thing, it's already in the truck.. so we can use that in Moab to get these all rigged up. :) I have a feeling I'll be next to Travis at Vendor Night. ;)

I haven't quite figured out what to do. Barring a shipping delay... I'll have everything at my house Monday evening. Those that are eager are welcome to swing by Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday. Anything that remains after Saturday will be delivered to Moab.

PS: I too ordered/have the same pokey thing!

www.outerlimitsupply.com

Smakee

I'll come by Saturday. I won't be in Moab. I need to get one of those pokey things too.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Those "pokey" things are called a "Fid". Some sailors you guys are.....:rolleyes:

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I have a Sampson fid (Pokey thing in RS slang) that you guys can borrow as well... or you know, find a smooth stick and some tape.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
I have a Sampson fid (Pokey thing in RS slang) that you guys can borrow as well... or you know, find a smooth stick and some tape.

:thumb:

I will share mine as well! Have the Samson kit and Gorilla tape in both rigs. Another thing needed is a razor cutter or a hot knife for really clean cuts. A box cutter with a fresh blade and a block of wood will work fine.

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I bought a hot cut blade to test out in one of my soldering guns, I'll try it and if it works I'll try and remember to bring it out to moab as well.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
I bought a hot cut blade to test out in one of my soldering guns, I'll try it and if it works I'll try and remember to bring it out to moab as well.

:thumb::thumb: Another tip to make life easier that I have learned along the way. Tightly wrap one layer of Gorilla tape around the line BEFORE cutting it! Cut in the middle of that tape wrap. That will give you 2 clean ends of rope that are not frayed. It frays pretty quickly and that makes life a lot tougher!

baja1d

Hard Core 4+
Fellas,

We have a hot knife at work & I hope to cut up some rope this week using UB's Gorilla tape recommendations. With that being said, let's shoot for Saturday if you'd like to pick up your stuff. We have little league games scheduled in the morning but they maybe snowed out. To be safe let's make the pickup window between noon & 5pm (we have dinner plans).

No big deal if you can't make it but please let me know if you'd like it delivered to Cruise Moab.

www.outerlimitsupply.com

Status
Not open for further replies.